2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

This sport is more and more of a joke

chrisc90

AMG.Tzan wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:35
It’s the first time I’ve been embarrassed to talk about my beloved sport! I always thought there’s no way this sport can get manipulated like football! But now this is too much…

Since Abu Dhabi the FIA has been trying desperately to have Verstapen win every single race! Can’t believe what I just saw…3 laps with a clean race track yet they didn’t even let lapped cars pass! At Abu Dhabi though they fast tracked their proceedings just to give Verstapen an easy chance to win a race he didn’t deserve with the race pace he had that day!

Anyway, even if we had a restart Leclerc wouldn’t have been able to pass Verstapen but still…why rob fans from such an exciting finish specially when it’s Ferrari’s home GP we’re racing at!
Id be embarassed to post that.
Nobody in race control cares who's home race it is.
Neither do they manipulate the race to let Max win.

Wonder what you would have said if it was Charles in P1....

LM10
LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:31
And all the Ferrari fans booing Max.
For how long have you been watching F1? I somehow have the feeling that you’re pretty new to it.
Last edited by LM10 on 11 Sep 2022, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Ascari67
Ascari67

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:37
AMG.Tzan wrote:
It’s the first time I’ve been embarrassed to talk about my beloved sport! I always thought there’s no way this sport can get manipulated like football! But now this is too much…

Since Abu Dhabi the FIA has been trying desperately to have Verstapen win every single race! Can’t believe what I just saw…3 laps with a clean race track yet they didn’t even let lapped cars pass! At Abu Dhabi though they fast tracked their proceedings just to give Verstapen an easy chance to win a race he didn’t deserve with the race pace he had that day!

Anyway, even if we had a restart Leclerc wouldn’t have been able to pass Verstapen but still…why rob fans from such an exciting finish specially when it’s Ferrari’s home GP we’re racing at!
Id be embarassed to post that.
Nobody in race control cares who's home race it is.
Neither do they manipulate the race to let Max win.

Wonder what you would have said if it was Charles in P1....
:lol: :lol:

Big Tea

Here is one out of the blue. If there is a safety in the last 5 laps, the lap counter stops.
Yes, you gamble to put extra fuel in, but sometimes it pays off, like a s/c.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Seems awfully quiet about the flares this weekend too...Only last week everyone was getting thrown out for them.

DChemTech
DChemTech

LM10 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:38
chrisc90 wrote:
For how long have you been watching F1? I somehow have the feeling that you’re pretty new to it.
I do have a feeling this was a response to Dutch fans being called unsportive for booing Hamilton, while it's clearly not just Dutch fans exhibiting such behavior.

Ascari67
Ascari67

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:40
Seems awfully quiet about the flares this weekend too...Only last week everyone was getting thrown out for them.
Flares before and during racing is dangerous, they should bring out the SC when they do.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

AMG.Tzan wrote:

They didn't do anything wrong according to the current rules. It was obvious this race would end under yellow if you know the rules. 5 laps from the end is not enough for the SC process to go through when you have lapped cars to clear.

Shrieker

mendis wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:26
Shrieker wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:25
wE mAkE eVeRy EfFoRt tO eNsUrE tHAt tEH rAcEs eND uNdER gReEn fLaG cOnDiTiOnS
Well, nobody liked it last time around and got Masi fired for it. Why regret?
I'm specifically talking about what the FIA/FOM officials had said to cover for Masi after that farce. If that was true, we would've seen something done about it today. Which is further proof that they had their faces in the cake and were desperately throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the issue to cover for their ineptitude at best, malice at worst.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Juzh

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Quantum wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:33
SparkyAMG wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 21:44

France and Saudi Arabia seemed close, but Max was leading at Silverstone after passing Sainz on track before the first stops and would have driven off into the distance had it not been for damage.

He won from 10th in Hungary with ease.

I wouldn't say the RB18 has been dominant all season but in terms of race pace it's in it's own league right now.
And has been for some time.

There is literally no doubt its a dominant car. Only some would choose to ignore the fact that max can stroll from 14th, 10th, and 7th and win comfortably.
Minus a handful of tracks it's been the best racecar without any doubts.

Those that ignore it will likely also tell you that the Ferrari was a better car because it got pole. 🤣
If it wasn’t for the double stop then I reckon the pace between LEC and VER was pretty close. We were robbed off a good fight with the Ferrari pit strategy
If lec doesnt pit under VSC then red bull does and the race would be the other way around. Would be more interesting that way as Leclerc never had enough pace to catch up on a 2 stop whereas verstappen could maybe.

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:30
Juzh wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:15
So can verstappen survive SC restart, he's slow AF on straights. Unless he makes it perfect he's easy meat.
We'll never know now as they decided to keep the SC out even after the incident was cleared. Lucky old Max.
Shouldn't get rid of massi then. He'd throw a red flag immediately and we'd have 4-5 laps of racing. Dude brought some fast and human element into decision making and certainly wouldn't let what we just saw happen.

Based on what we're seeing this year Massi was 100 times more competent than current race director, whoever it is.

edit. spelling
Last edited by Juzh on 11 Sep 2022, 16:44, edited 2 times in total.

the poster below
the poster below

Nice to see De Vries do well on debut. Perplexed by Ferrari 'strategy'... Well done to Verstappen, very reminiscent of 2011 and 2013.

Definitely need some better way of handling car breakdowns on circuit. Calling a safety car shouldn't be subjective - there ought to be clearly defined thresholds like is the car stopped within 5 metres of a recovery gate? Is it stuck in gear? Is the ERS system safe? All these things can be determined via telemetry automatically and if you want race director oversight to avoid accidental activation then fine, but it shouldn't need deliberation as to whether to initiate it...
Last edited by the poster below on 11 Sep 2022, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:39
Here is one out of the blue. If there is a safety in the last 5 laps, the lap counter stops.
Yes, you gamble to put extra fuel in, but sometimes it pays off, like a s/c.
Simpler - just red flag it, go back to the grid in current order. No work allowed on the cars other than to put some fans in to keep them cool. Tyre blankets allowed. Formation lap, and go.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:41
LM10 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:38
chrisc90 wrote:
I do have a feeling this was a response to Dutch fans being called unsportive for booing Hamilton, while it's clearly not just Dutch fans exhibiting such behavior.
Were they? or were they booing the way the race finished? (not making a decision, just giving an option)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:40
Didn't see any get thrown on track this week.

I'd ban them and the idiots that bring them from any and all races. They're just antisocial and entirely unnecessary.
Last edited by Just_a_fan on 11 Sep 2022, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.