2018 pre-season testing thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Santozini
Santozini

Re: 2018 pre-season testing thread

While we wait, from REDDIT

:D :D :D :D

FIA World Snowball Fight Championship

Mercedes: Expresses fear that Ferrari and Red Bull will bring competitive snowballs. Snowball flies 10 km/h faster than anyone else's.

Ferrari: Threatens to quit the championship in response to the FIA's proposed regulation changes to reduce the number of fingers used to grip the snowball from 5 to 3.

Red Bull: Gets everyone excited with a beautiful icosahedron snowball only to disappoint by ultimately unveiling a regular snowball.

McLaren: After 3 long years of snowballs disintegrating mid-air, McLaren feels confident after changing snow suppliers. Dislocates wrist while attempting first throw.

Force India: Somehow made a great snowball with snow they scraped off of windshields in the parking lot. Unfortunately, their throwers keep throwing them at each other.

Renault: Brings a bright yellow snowball. Nobody wants to ask how they made it.

Williams: Brings a snowball that flies very fast in a straight line, but tumbles and sinks like a rock in the presence of crosswind.

Toro Rosso: Teamed up with McLaren's former snow supplier. Snowball flies farther and without disintegrating, making everyone question their sanity.

Haas: Half the snowball was made by Ferrari.

Sauber: Confusion in the ranks after three people show up claiming to have been hired for the fight.

Supposedly it was the red team that decided against having the session on Fri...

NathanOlder

1158 wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:13
Supposedly it was the red team that decided against having the session on Fri...
Really ? where did you hear that ?

edit : just read on F1Today "according to a spanish source, it was Ferrari"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

DVB

New stuff for Ferrari!

[media]https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/status/9 ... 6989811712[/media]

Can't understand why the twitter post don't show up here... Someone any tips?

Edit Thunder: Use the "Media Embed" Button to embed Twitter, not the "URL" one.
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

FightingHellPhish
FightingHellPhish

ncassi22 wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 09:45
Pirelli should just round out the number of compounds and add a snow tire. :lol:

FightingHellPhish
FightingHellPhish

NathanOlder wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:15
1158 wrote:
Really ? where did you hear that ?

edit : just read on F1Today "according to a spanish source, it was Ferrari"
Of course it would be Ferrari, only they would be that arrogant. :lol:

marmer
marmer

If they don't run today or add a day into testing could they just have a day added in Australia run on the Thursday

marmer
marmer

Santozini wrote:While we wait, from REDDIT

:D :D :D :D

FIA World Snowball Fight Championship

Mercedes: Expresses fear that Ferrari and Red Bull will bring competitive snowballs. Snowball flies 10 km/h faster than anyone else's.

Ferrari: Threatens to quit the championship in response to the FIA's proposed regulation changes to reduce the number of fingers used to grip the snowball from 5 to 3.

Red Bull: Gets everyone excited with a beautiful icosahedron snowball only to disappoint by ultimately unveiling a regular snowball.

McLaren: After 3 long years of snowballs disintegrating mid-air, McLaren feels confident after changing snow suppliers. Dislocates wrist while attempting first throw.

Force India: Somehow made a great snowball with snow they scraped off of windshields in the parking lot. Unfortunately, their throwers keep throwing them at each other.

Renault: Brings a bright yellow snowball. Nobody wants to ask how they made it.

Williams: Brings a snowball that flies very fast in a straight line, but tumbles and sinks like a rock in the presence of crosswind.

Toro Rosso: Teamed up with McLaren's former snow supplier. Snowball flies farther and without disintegrating, making everyone question their sanity.

Haas: Half the snowball was made by Ferrari.

Sauber: Confusion in the ranks after three people show up claiming to have been hired for the fight.
Haas Roman complains the snow is too cold for his hands needs to switch to carbon industry gloves

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

GM7 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 23:59
The FOM design look like this, and it's actually good looking in my opinion :lol:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... 9-f1f1.jpg
Respect for Robert Kubica, what an achievement.

marmer
marmer

johnny comelately wrote:
GM7 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 23:59
The FOM design look like this, and it's actually good looking in my opinion

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... 9-f1f1.jpg
Respect for Robert Kubica, what an achievement.
If I was stroll or sergi I would want an iron clad contract that I can't be dropped. Some bad performance and kubica does well in a fp1 session could get heads up
Palmer had a contract for the rest of the season ...

the EDGE
the EDGE

marmer wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:42
If they don't run today or add a day into testing could they just have a day added in Australia run on the Thursday
I’m not sure it’s that easy, Melbourne is not a permanent track and is in the middle of a residential area too, logistically it might not be possible and licences might need to be obtained

That aside, the idea of pre-season tests is to give teams chance to prepare in between testing and racing. 1 extra day of testing the day before the event starts is not going to provide that

Hail22

I think Ferrari should have brought this update with them for the test:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXHE5CsWkAAn5lM.jpg:large
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

1158 wrote:
You know the worst of it? After it was Ferrari being cocky and selfish over the refusal to increase engines back to 4 a season. I would have guessed it was Ferrari this time too.

And people say Mercedes are self centred.

bauc

Did someone recently asked if snowfall affects downforce? well time to find out :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CBeck113
CBeck113

Restomaniac wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:49
1158 wrote:
You know the worst of it? After it was Ferrari being cocky and selfish over the refusal to increase engines back to 4 a season. I would have guessed it was Ferrari this time too.

And people say Mercedes are self centred.
Every team is self-centered. If you invest millions to design and produce an engine that lasts longer to gain an advantage over your opponents (with the exception of Mercedes, they don't seem to have any design issues), you should simply through out that investment because others can't reach your level? Sorry, there's no way any team would do that, not after the money's been spent.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail