2024 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 19 - 21

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rijtuig
rijtuig

Re: 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 19 - 21

What a post to respond to, lol.

PlatinumZealot

Silent Storm wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:36
Tvetovnato wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:19
RacePaceDemon wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:12

You guys are so hard to debate with as you don't seem to appreciate basic facts :lol:

You'll be the first to say we need to appreciate max's dominance and how great he is. And last year he was great and driving at a high level.

But that doesn't mean you can start disrespecting other drivers when your boy isn't winning anymore and bottling things in a faster car.

Hamilton won that through a brilliant defensive drive and from Max bottling it under pressure, that's it
They are not here for debates. Reading the post you quoted alone gives you a fair picture of the intent of the poster. Reading a few more gives you an even better idea, so don’t take the bait…
Remember to attack the post, not the poster...
I see no attack there. His cautioning the other poster of the general behaviour seen on the forum. "Not here for debates" is in no way an attack. And I also agree that is the trend here. Everyone wants to impress their points without backing down or facing the facts. It is sad what the forum has become.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Shrieker

I wish Lauda was still around to call Verstappen expletives to put an end to this.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

toraabe
toraabe

Don't forget Perez. 7th overall. From 16th . Perfect drive. Since they were struggling with understeer, that is something Perez handles better than Verstappen.

zeph
zeph

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 14:11
And I also agree that is the trend here. Everyone wants to impress their points without backing down or facing the facts. It is sad what the forum has become.
I haven’t been here quite as long as you, but I remember going around in circles with certain forumites here when I first joined in 2010. So I would say that is not exactly new.

Anyway, great drive from Piastri, a bit of a blunder from McLaren, salty Norris did the right thing, Hamilton showed world-class defensive driving, and Verstappen lost his s—t.

All in all, an entertaining race. Hungaroring used to be a schnoozefest, but it has been fun in recent years.

Wouter

Shrieker wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 14:35
I wish Lauda was still around to call Verstappen expletives to put an end to this.
:lol: Lauda would have said: "Well said champ! Keep doing that till they wake up and do things better. You deserve it!"
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

toraabe wrote:Don't forget Perez. 7th overall. From 16th . Perfect drive. Since they were struggling with understeer, that is something Perez handles better than Verstappen.
Pérez handles slower car better than faster car. What a strange compliment.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

DGP123 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:30
Max & Lando are highly unlikeable. The entitled, new age driver brats, with little or no respect. Lando has hit the big time, and all he’s done is showcase how unprepared and out of his depth he is at the sharp end of the grid.
Speak for yourself.

I guess it's open season on Lando because he didn't show sufficient respekt to hamilton. Who in my opinion is the most highly unlikable on the grid. We aren't even a month removed from his sabotoge allegations and constant petty excuse making. He's never admitted once that George Russell just did a better job than him in 3 years.

New entitled brats. As if. Pretty much every driver from the 80's to 2000's were cold hard greedy jerks. All except maybe Keke Rosberg.

Mosin123
Mosin123

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 23:58
DGP123 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:30
Max & Lando are highly unlikeable. The entitled, new age driver brats, with little or no respect. Lando has hit the big time, and all he’s done is showcase how unprepared and out of his depth he is at the sharp end of the grid.
Speak for yourself.

I guess it's open season on Lando because he didn't show sufficient respekt to hamilton. Who in my opinion is the most highly unlikable on the grid. We aren't even a month removed from his sabotoge allegations and constant petty excuse making. He's never admitted once that George Russell just did a better job than him in 3 years.

New entitled brats. As if. Pretty much every driver from the 80's to 2000's were cold hard greedy jerks. All except maybe Keke Rosberg.

you can find quite a good few vids, and interviews on LH saying GR did a good job / congratulating him and the team..

Like did you not watch the siverstone qualy? did you not watch Canada? Austrian GP? LH says WD to GR every time hes ahead in both q and race.

Did you miss when LH said GR would be a world champion? and that he has been a great success,how hes done such a great job, how he has got great points for the team?

Do yuo want him to throw a gd job celebration party GR after every practise session, Q, and race? lol

ispano6

toraabe wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 15:29
Don't forget Perez. 7th overall. From 16th . Perfect drive. Since they were struggling with understeer, that is something Perez handles better than Verstappen.
What are you saying? They weren't even driving the same spec car.

toraabe
toraabe

ispano6 wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 03:16
toraabe wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 15:29
What are you saying? They weren't even driving the same spec car.
same spec or not, it's not a secret that Perez driving style tends to favour understeer more than the current red bull car primary setup

outer_bongolia

One thing that comes to mind (sorry if I missed in the previous pages, tried to comb and might have missed):

Could Lando have given the position immediately? Earlier in the race there was a message "it is ok to race the papaya car". If he had given the position and attacked afterwards, Oscar probably would have been asked to not defend much and Lando would have taken the lead back.

I like Lando as a driver - the way he gets his cars alive in the last third of the race is such fine driving. But I would put the blame on him for losing the win.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

Watto
Watto

outer_bongolia wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 01:54
One thing that comes to mind (sorry if I missed in the previous pages, tried to comb and might have missed):

Could Lando have given the position immediately? Earlier in the race there was a message "it is ok to race the papaya car". If he had given the position and attacked afterwards, Oscar probably would have been asked to not defend much and Lando would have taken the lead back.

I like Lando as a driver - the way he gets his cars alive in the last third of the race is such fine driving. But I would put the blame on him for losing the win.
Could only guess.

I doubt they would go as far as to tell Oscar not to defend. But perhaps Lando could have stuck within the DRS area of Oscar and really put the heat on him for 20 odd laps. I doubt that would have been against McLarens team rules as long as they don't frash/take one another out.

PlatinumZealot

Lando doesn't have the instinct. He's not killing it with his rocket ship like all previous champions before him. Dare I say it... Lando will never be champion? And neither will Piastri??
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

TFSA

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 03:30
Lando doesn't have the instinct. He's not killing it with his rocket ship like all previous champions before him. Dare I say it... Lando will never be champion? And neither will Piastri??
If your car is fast enough, you don't necessarily need the killer instinct. If we took all the cars as they are now and raced them for an entire season, chances are Lando would be WDC.

Killer instinct counts for something, but at the of the day, it's a non-spec series. If your car is fast enough, you only need to beat your teammate.