2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FeelHeel
FeelHeel

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Admittedly grasping at straws: could Ferrari pay off Saint’s contract and replace him with Bearman.
Seriously, do we have the tech team that is capable to challenge the best?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man, but he was not a good man.
— Phil Hill

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

I think Ferrari have been somewhat caught out by the change in aero map by the Imola update. Let's see the next races how it goes before a total failure on upgrade front but I'll admit I'm not hopeful.

scuderiabrandon

SoulPancake13 wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 01:44
I think Ferrari have been somewhat caught out by the change in aero map by the Imola update. Let's see the next races how it goes before a total failure on upgrade front but I'll admit I'm not hopeful.
Our race pace is also so skewed with the --- qualifying pace.

Today you saw it very clearly with Norris. Stuck behind the Mercs, light years ahead in clean air. We just need to sort out the low fuel performance.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

scuderiabrandon wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 02:01
SoulPancake13 wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 01:44
Our race pace is also so skewed with the --- qualifying pace.

Today you saw it very clearly with Norris. Stuck behind the Mercs, light years ahead in clean air. We just need to sort out the low fuel performance.
Semi-agreed but Charles indicated today we didn't have the pace. Today in clean air for stints 2 and 3 we lacked roughly 2-3 tenths on Lando on the same strategy pretty much.

What worried me most is that in the effort to add more load, they started porpoising again. I get the feeling the team doesn't know how to add more load to the car without inducing the bouncing(this is also likely why they couldn't use the larger wing here like Red Bull and McLaren did).

What is very clear is that McLaren is the fastest car now. I think qualy was a bit skewed since Max got a big tow and Charles made a mistake, but race pace is still off.

Z-one
Z-one

I think trackside is just a joke,in this year,they have used so many examples to proof this opinion,like saudi,like aus,like Shanghai,and now spain
The mankind’s courage and resolution will be witnessed and remembered by stars.

ringo

You all are overreacting. A few races ago all was right in Ferrari world and the team was on the up and making the right moves.
Sainz is indeed an issue, but I can understand. His issue is being entitled and not accepting that he isn't the best in his team. He is very political.
The ferrari wasnt too bad. It lost ground to Mercedes but they were always in camera shot of the W15 so i dont think it's that far behind.
It's about equal with the upgraded w15.
Just a poor setup weekend. They should put their weight behind Leclerc with new parts and development. Let Sainz complain and holler. Not worth giving him equal treatment as he is just driving for himself.
For Sure!!

jambuka
jambuka

Didn't they say they were aiming for cc. P4 soon.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Sainz will always do what he does, his race is more about beating Leclerc anything more is like a bonus. I dont get why Leclerc always falls for it? He should anticipate this considering since sainz is leaving. That’s naïve.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

The Upgrades and the optimism.

To all the guys here who come up with this track excuse this suits us this doesn’t, meclaren has proved it wrong. Proper Updates overcome all this.

Lando and Leclerc both stayed longer and opted different strategies and with that car lando could execute exactly what’s planned only missing out because that RB is still slightly stronger. He pitted and overtook sainz, lewis, Russell within 6 laps compare to that Leclerc could only manage Sainz that too because sainz was on Hards on equal tyres it would have been a intense battle. To sum up Ferrari isnt doing much on development front compromising this for that isnt working. Its been 3 yrs now and still struggling.

organic

They brought a large aerodynamic package that included lowering the tunnels.. and they experienced bouncing in high speed corners. I am not saying it's conclusive proof that the new package reintroduced the phenomenon but it's undeniably a worrying coincidence at this point

Andres125sx

dialtone wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:27
Sainz really trying his best to piss off the entire team and fans huh? After China now this here?
It´s funny reading this kind of comment from Leclerc fans, assuming Sainz should be his wingman. No, he´s not.

He didn´t piss off any fans, apart from Leclerc fans obviously, that´s racing, none will complain for an overtake

All Montmelo fans were extremelly happy with that pass btw, you guys are not the only F1 fans :roll:

F1NAC

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 08:02
dialtone wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:27
Sainz really trying his best to piss off the entire team and fans huh? After China now this here?
that´s racing, none will complain for an overtake

All Montmelo fans were extremelly happy with that pass btw, you guys are not the only F1 fans :roll:
Except that very same guy complained when Hamilton did something similar to him.

Lmao

Sergej
Sergej

hi guys, not a Ferrari expert here, can you explain to me one thing ? What is going on with Ferrari upgrades ? I read on Italian press that they should have guaranteed 4 tenths in Imola and 2 more tenths in Barcelona for a combined 6-tenth improvement, that's a huuuuuuge of an improvement, where is it ? Ferrari started the season as easily second best car, now they are fighting with Mercedes, overtaken by McLaren; in Suzuka they finished 21s behind Max, yesterday 22s behind Max again, with a supposed 6-tenth upgrade vs a RB which clearly is not shining on development side....were those 6 tenths a real thing, or just PR press ?

Andres125sx

scuderiabrandon wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:20
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:03
Why shouldnt sainz of overtaken Leclerc?
It's not that he can't overtake him. He tried to, hit him in the process, almost causing a crash, and proceeded to take the position off track. That completely compromised Charles race, who was light years ahead on pace.
Sure, Charles was so much faster... Carlos did pass him

scuderiabrandon wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 23:03
dialtone wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 21:54
Xyz22 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQxKVR7W4AE ... =4096x4096

Tremendous tyre management in the first stint for Charles.

Our pace compared to McL was awful though. Really big difference.
That Sainz pitted with George shows the 2 are among the worst tire managers on the grid.

Charles did great but Sainz was just way too poor at it here.
That medium stint from Sainz was something out of a F2 driver's tyre managing play book. Not seen such a disaster class in tyre management since Piastri joined F1. And that's why he got put onto a hard tyre, no way he was stretching a soft 23-24 laps, his tyre management was tragic.

He took away the only strategy option the faster driver had to get a podium

[Rant continues]
How many posts do you need for your rant against Sainz?

Saying Sainz was the reason Leclerc was not on the podium shows some seriously unreal wishful thinking :roll:

Verstappen, Norris, and both Mercedes were much faster than Ferrari. Only Russel hard tires stint, wich didn´t work for anyone made it look like Charles could beat him. But even if that may happen, Verstappen, Hamilton and Norris were always out of reach for Ferrari

Both Mercedes and Ferrari did split strategies, Russell and Sainz did pay the price for their subpar strategy. Both lost positions gained on track due to that last stint with hards, but since Mercedes was faster, even that subpar strategy for Russell was not enough for Leclerc to beat him. Sainz didn´t change that at all

bluechris

Sergej wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 08:13
hi guys, not a Ferrari expert here, can you explain to me one thing ? What is going on with Ferrari upgrades ? I read on Italian press that they should have guaranteed 4 tenths in Imola and 2 more tenths in Barcelona for a combined 6-tenth improvement, that's a huuuuuuge of an improvement, where is it ? Ferrari started the season as easily second best car, now they are fighting with Mercedes, overtaken by McLaren; in Suzuka they finished 21s behind Max, yesterday 22s behind Max again, with a supposed 6-tenth upgrade vs a RB which clearly is not shining on development side....were those 6 tenths a real thing, or just PR press ?
I am not also expert here but here is what i see.
All this are on paper, the problem relies on the car that is new to the team and need a bit of time to optimize the setup. This cannot happen in the race where the parts are introduced. Other teams like RB have troubles in Friday but somehow their are able to extract the maximum of the car on Saturday/Sunday.
This is an area that Ferrari must improve ASAP.
Another problem is the completely different car than last year's car. In 2023 they were fast from the get go that's why they were fighting for Pole's but in the race their tyre's suffer. In 2024 i think they overcorrected this situation going to the opposite direction where the car needs much more time to be in optimal window so they loose pole's and they are not fast at the start of the races. This throes the drivers in bad positions and they need to fight their way up in the field where they overuse their tyres behind other drivers.
Count also the latest lower temperatures In Canada and in the race in Spain and you get this results.
Finally the others don't stay stable in progression. RB is RB, MCLaren with its new car hit the nail in the head and now they just optimize it more little by little and finally MB where the track is suit then they are fast now.

To me 2024 is a transition year with a new car philosophy that needs time and testing. From 2025 with the addition of Hamilton the team will have better info from the drivers because i strongly believe Hamilton can do that in addition to his experience especially on tyres.
Better days ahead imo so i am positive and i don't share the pessimist opinions here at all.
I just wish the Saint(Newey) will come to the team that will be the best imo.