2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

It'd be F1's equivalent of Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

xpensive
xpensive

Richard wrote:It'd be F1's equivalent of Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
Emerson Fittipaldi, Jonathan Palmer and who?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mikeerfol

xpensive wrote:
From Google, that's actually a music supergroup :P

adrianjordan

mikeerfol wrote:
xpensive wrote:
From Google, that's actually a music supergroup :P
I think he knows that, he was trying to link them to F1 names....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Harsha
Harsha

The Meeting will be there at the end of sochi if i remember correctly but i believe having 3rd car only make things worse if its rushed into 2015 season.

siskue2005

Latest rumors Hulkenberg is planning to jump ships to WEC, as Porsche factory team has made a good offer for him

siskue2005

Harsha wrote:The Meeting will be there at the end of sochi if i remember correctly but i believe having 3rd car only make things worse if its rushed into 2015 season.
In concord agreement the rule for 3 rd car applies only when the total team goes below 8
Then by default teams are obliged to run a 3rd car
We have 11 teams now, I don't know how they would remove 3 teams from that
And frankly there are only garage for 24 teams in majority of the circuits
So consider with the 11 teams the top 8 teams run a third car, then we will have a grid of 30 cars in a race :shock:
Last edited by siskue2005 on 10 Oct 2014, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Moose
Moose

siskue2005 wrote:We have 11 teams now, I don't know how they would remove 3 teams from that
It's not about removing 3 teams, it's about 3 teams maybe naturally disappearing. Caterham are almost certain to disapear at this point. Marussia may be safe, if they can hang onto their current WCC 9th position. Sauber have a good chance of disappearing. Lotus have a good chance of disappearing. Force India also have rumours of serious money issues.

Basically, there's a good chance that a decent number of F1 teams won't have enough money to make the grid next year.

siskue2005

How many times have we heard that team x don't have money before?
For the past 15 yrs I have been watching f1, I have heard that a thousand times, sure there were teams who left the grid. But I have never seen the total team strength go below 10 in the last 2 decades

Richard
Richard

That's the rule for an obligation to race 3 cars. The way Berni has whipped up so much conversation about 3 car teams in the next season or two makes me wonder if he's hoping the teams will voluntarily agree to 3 for some teams. Ten teams would leave 4 spare garage spaces, hence 3 cars for the top 4 teams.

prince
prince

Richard wrote:That's the rule for an obligation to race 3 cars. The way Berni has whipped up so much conversation about 3 car teams in the next season or two makes me wonder if he's hoping the teams will voluntarily agree to 3 for some teams. Ten teams would leave 4 spare garage spaces, hence 3 cars for the top 4 teams.
Woudn't that make it a two tier competition? Teams with 3 cars obviously gain in Constructors more than 2 car teams. That would be tricky situation and to counter that, you have to add more rules, meaning more complex mathematics. I am too poor in operating a calculator, if that is what happens. :lol:

To me, it is either all with three cars or status quo. But I would prefer 3 car top teams, instead of nuisance of back markers. That would be good for the show and good for potential driver talent. Imagine, all of a sudden if Bernie declares it as 3 car competition for next year. The whole silly season would catapult into total mad rush to bag drivers.

SectorOne

Vettel and Alonso to Mclaren is such a batsh1t crazy idea it might just be exactly what will happen.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Moose
Moose

SectorOne wrote:Vettel and Alonso to Mclaren is such a batsh1t crazy idea it might just be exactly what will happen.
Certainly honda strongly hinted at it with their 5 and 14 numbered marketing cars.

FoxHound

A 3 car team of Rosberg, Hamilton and Alonso seems a masterstroke in my view. I'd pay to watch these 3 race the same machines!
JET set

djos

2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!)

Moose wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Vettel and Alonso to Mclaren is such a batsh1t crazy idea it might just be exactly what will happen.
Certainly honda strongly hinted at it with their 5 and 14 numbered marketing cars.
That would be one hell of a coup if they pulled that off for Honda McLaren for 2015
"In downforce we trust"