2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Can anywone explain where that 6s gap went during the pit stops? I'm guessing the tires went off on the inlap or LEC made a mistake, but it wasn't clear on the live timing and they didn't show his pit stop.

Emag
Emag

It was quite dramatic if you were checking the onboards. Almost all traction zones, especially towards the end before it all went off the cliff, I could see Charles getting wheelspin out of all critical corners (2-3 and 15-16). I was surprised he could keep it going for so long, until he couldn't anymore.

Car didn't like the hard tires as well as the mediums, but temps were dropping a bit towards the end too. Ferrari loves hot temps and perhaps that explains the amazing pace on the first stint.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Emag wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:07
It was quite dramatic if you were checking the onboards. Almost all traction zones, especially towards the end before it all went off the cliff, I could see Charles getting wheelspin out of all critical corners (2-3 and 15-16). I was surprised he could keep it going for so long, until he couldn't anymore.

Car didn't like the hard tires as well as the mediums, but temps were dropping a bit towards the end too. Ferrari loves hot temps and perhaps that explains the amazing pace on the first stint.
In the last few laps they were completely done. He couldn't managed them because of Perez behind.

Everything went to --- in the second tint.

ScuderiaLeo

Vasseur just said Leclerc lost time on the outlap because he hadn't done any real runs on the hards and wasn't sure how to heat them, perhaps he was driving more cautiously than normal. He acknowledged that Piastri caught them at a bad time, since Leclerc had no grip on the cold tires when Piastri reached him.

The lack of FP running hurt a lot... bad setup, bad outlap.

.Bole
.Bole

deadhead wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:06
Can anywone explain where that 6s gap went during the pit stops? I'm guessing the tires went off on the inlap or LEC made a mistake, but it wasn't clear on the live timing and they didn't show his pit stop.
1s slow lap when piastri pitted, 2s slow inlap almost, and even slower outlap where he almost got overtaken by albon in turn 2 due to cold tyres.
They missed pit call by at least lap, and then again problem with ferrari with outlaps being slow due to slowly introducing tyres.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:17
Vasseur just said Leclerc lost time on the outlap because he hadn't done any real runs on the hards and wasn't sure how to heat them, perhaps he was driving more cautiously than normal. He acknowledged that Piastri caught them at a bad time, since Leclerc had no grip on the cold tires when Piastri reached him.

The lack of FP running hurt a lot... bad setup, bad outlap.
Sainz didn't run the hard as well.

He is covering the team for being too fixated on a slow hard intro.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

also i don't understand something, what's up with Ferrari PU not able to make the pass? like he get to him Close but not enough power to make the pass, but judging by wing angle both seem same level of downforce, is this something which Charles was saying back in imola that mecca and red bull were deploying a lot of power down the stright

yooogurt

Shame on Charles, just lose free win for no reason.
FORZA FERRARI!

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I woke up really to only see the crash, and aside from the crash itself… that sai attempted to attack lec from the outside of a 90deg corner when he had 3rd in the bank is infuriating me. 2-3 thrown away.

ScuderiaLeo

yooogurt wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:23
Shame on Charles, just lose free win for no reason.
"Free win"

When will people learn there are no free wins this season?

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Fakepivot wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:21
also i don't understand something, what's up with Ferrari PU not able to make the pass? like he get to him Close but not enough power to make the pass, but judging by wing angle both seem same level of downforce, is this something which Charles was saying back in imola that mecca and red bull were deploying a lot of power down the stright
Don't think it is that complicated. I think Piastri defended well on the inside many times, but Charles was right there with him. At those speeds, it is likely to be more drag limited than engine power...

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

dialtone wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:26
I woke up really to only see the crash, and aside from the crash itself… that sai attempted to attack lec from the outside of a 90deg corner when he had 3rd in the bank is infuriating me. 2-3 thrown away.
Thank you for mentioning this. Exactly my thoughts. They had to play more smart for WCCs sake.

j_ste
j_ste

Fakepivot wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:21
It was difficult to pass. The wind was behind them and the McLaren it’s good through the corners.

Track position is crucial.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

.Bole wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:18
deadhead wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:06
1s slow lap when piastri pitted, 2s slow inlap almost, and even slower outlap where he almost got overtaken by albon in turn 2 due to cold tyres.
They missed pit call by at least lap, and then again problem with ferrari with outlaps being slow due to slowly introducing tyres.
It looked to me like he was just bringing them in very slowly, thinking he will be able to pull the gap out soon like in the first stint. But things didn't work out that way.

Xyz22
Xyz22

I think Sainz can risk a grid penalty in Singapore