2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
jz11
jz11

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:28
Spacepace wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:25
DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:12

I just watched, he was clearly passing a flashing yellow sign. If Max was at fault even while the lights were not flashing, than surely Hamilton was at fault here. Pretty ridiculous.
This was for the flashing light going into turn 1 not the one flashing through the esses which flashed for 1 second and was set off accidentally according to the FIA
Well, Max' marshall was waving unnecessarily too, and then they the verdict was a penalty. Yellow is yellow, as driver you don't know why it's there so you should respect it to be safe. The inconsistency is unbelievable, and once again FIA is making a highly disputable and potentially crucial decision favoring Hamilton.
nonono, it's Horner at fault of course, he asked FIA not to penalize Lewis as to not awaken the lion...

El Scorchio

The two Finns just narrowly avoided a HUGE accident... Wonder if a penalty will be coming for THAT one.

This track feels like it's a big accident waiting to happen, to be perfectly honest. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Tizz

El Scorchio wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:43
The two Finns just narrowly avoided a HUGE accident... Wonder if a penalty will be coming for THAT one.

This track feels like it's a big accident waiting to happen, to be perfectly honest. I really hope I'm wrong though.
That should be 3 places...

DChemTech
DChemTech

Roo wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:35
Wouter wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:27
Max was given a grid penalty because a marshall accidentally waved double yellow, but a driver has to do as the marshall tells him.
Now the double yellow has been wrongly flashed and now the driver does not have to do what the light indicates and there is no grid penalty???
Ridiculous!!! What a joke!!!
It was accedicently waved at MV?
A flag is not waved AT anyone in particular, it is waved because there is an incident and any driver in that location should respect it. When yellows were waved at a location where max was present, he got penalized for not abiding it, even though there was no clear reason as to why the flag was waved and even though the signals were inconsistent between different channels. When a yellow was shown at a location where lewis was present, he did not get penalized for not abiding it, because there was no clear reason as to why the flag was displayed and the signals were inconsistent between different channels. That is pretty much be used as a definition for inconsistency.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Top 4 will be a lottery I feel…

Wouter

Roo wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Max was given a grid penalty because a marshall accidentally waved double yellow, but a driver has to do as the marshall tells him.
Now the double yellow has been wrongly flashed and now the driver does not have to do what the light indicates and there is no grid penalty???
Yes, he was. Yellow was already ended.
The Power of Dreams!

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Tizz wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:44
El Scorchio wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:43

That should be 3 places...
Both were not on hot laps.

nimoraca
nimoraca

Wouter wrote:
So you didn't even bother to read the FIA statement. Part of the statement:
"there was no yellow flag displayed, no yellow lights were displayed to the driver and the yellow warning light was not visible on the drivers steering wheel".

xaero
xaero

Wouter wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:46
Roo wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Yes, he was. Yellow was already ended.
In other words, it was a *rogue* marshal :lol: :lol:
Last edited by xaero on 04 Dec 2021, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Spacepace

DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:28
Spacepace wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:25
DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:12

I just watched, he was clearly passing a flashing yellow sign. If Max was at fault even while the lights were not flashing, than surely Hamilton was at fault here. Pretty ridiculous.
This was for the flashing light going into turn 1 not the one flashing through the esses which flashed for 1 second and was set off accidentally according to the FIA
Well, Max' marshall was waving unnecessarily too, and then they the verdict was a penalty. Yellow is yellow, as driver you don't know why it's there so you should respect it to be safe. The inconsistency is unbelievable, and once again FIA is making a highly disputable and potentially crucial decision favoring Hamilton.
Agree the inconsistency has been bad this year in order to keep the championship in play. Things really are never treated without the influence of circumstances and consistency especially when the stewards are different every weekend. Regardless they were deciding on the turn 1 yellow not the one you're citing.

El Scorchio

The FIA have just more or less literally invited teams to protest it though by extending the protest window, so it's probably not over yet...

jurinius
jurinius

Both Ferrari's cars are looking bad, too much focus on one lap performance this weekend.... And for all the teams out there I said it before, it will be everybody win. No mistakes acceptable for no one this weekend.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

Roo
Roo

DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:45
Roo wrote:
Wouter wrote:
A flag is not waved AT anyone in particular, it is waved because there is an incident and any driver in that location should respect it. When yellows were waved at a location where max was present, he got penalized for not abiding it, even though there was no clear reason as to why the flag was waved and even though the signals were inconsistent between different channels. When a yellow was shown at a location where lewis was present, he did not get penalized for not abiding it, because there was no clear reason as to why the flag was displayed and the signals were inconsistent between different channels. That is pretty much be used as a definition for inconsistency.
Thank you for taking time to reply. While i understand my grammar error, you're stretching to suggest there was no clear reason for both incidents. With LH there was no reason and an error, at not point did the stewards say the marshal was wrong. Pretty much the definition on inconsistency generated in you own mind.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Roo wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:52
DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:45
Roo wrote:

Thank you for taking time to reply. While i understand my grammar error, you're stretching to suggest there was no clear reason for both incidents. With LH there was no reason and an error, at not point did the stewards say the marshal was wrong. Pretty much the definition on inconsistency generated in you own mind.
They did not say that the steward was wrong, they did say that stewards can wave at their own decision. In other words, a flag has to be respected whether there is a clear reason or not. As a driver you are not in a position to judge if the flag is there by accident or incident, you should just abide it, period.

InsaneX_Badger

Bet a lot of people here wasn't expecting it to be this close, let alone RB being the faster car.