2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

And Saudi was his car crapping out on him during Q2. I think he would have gotten a win with fastest lap there as he was having a dominant weekend up to that point and after, recovered from P15 or what was it to P2 in short time.

Baku is the only place he really dropped points, albeit the SC was poorly timed too.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:47
Out of a possible 276 points, Max has secured 255 of them. 92.4% of available points.

He has only dropped points in:
1pt Bahrain for fastest lap
7pts in Saudi by finishing 2nd
1pt Austrialia for Fastest lap
2pts in Baku sprint by finishing 3rd
8pts in Baku by finishing 2nd + Fastest lap
1pt in Monaco for fastest lap
1pt in Canada for fastest lap
this season Max is doing what I always thought that alonswo would have done with a Dominant car.

Max is showing what a top driver can do with a dominant car and team.

Mod edit - bait comments removed
Last edited by Stu on 15 Jul 2023, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait comments removed, who wants another fight to start?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Sieper wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:28
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 19:35
Alonsismo wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 18:59

max now has only one point less than Vettel when he won the 2010 WDC.
its crazy
Max could be the first driver to score 500 points in a season. The lack of an effective challenge from the other seat means it's going to need something "interesting " happening to prevent it.
Max in the last 6 races left 2 points on the table. And it is very interesting what he is achieving now. Right up there with the best seasons ever, Clark and Fangio, schumi’s best season territory.
Interestingly, Clark never won the title against a strong team mate. Fangio did, but he also changed teams mid season in order to win the title - wouldn't get away with that these days. Schumacher had contractual number 1 status, along with bespoke tyres and unlimited testing. Oh, and possible cheating with launch control.

Max is doing a great job, no doubt, and will win the title at a canter.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

And for avoidance of doubt, a gun against my head and I'd say Fangio, Clark and Moss were the best racing drivers ever (GOATs in today's parlance).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Willy
Willy

Has anyone heard any news/rumour about the upgrade coming in Hungary?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Willy wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 03:17
Has anyone heard any news/rumour about the upgrade coming in Hungary?
Verstappen said that it is a floor upgrade.
A lion must kill its prey.

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:19
There is never going to be a battle like Lewis and Max in 2021. That was a awesome battle across the full season. The rivalry, the dramas, the off track digs and things between team bosses. Never going to get that sort of thing again anytime soon i'd imagine. You certainly wouldn't get it if you stuck 2 drivers in the same team and said to them create drama to make it look good on TV.

This is F1. The pinnacle of motorsport. Its not the weekly Eastenders episode and creating fake drama and rivalry between teams to impress 'fans' and get viewer numbers up. Wont happen, and ill be AMAZED if the teams allow it. F1 should leave that to Brad Pitt and his little episodes he's creating with Lewis to give fans some orchestrated drama.

Fake drama? So contradictory.. Look at history of two top drivers sharing a top car:

Moss Vs Fangio
Lauda VS Prost
Senna VS Prost
Hamilton Vs Alonso
Vettel VS Webber
Hamilton VS Rosberg

All very thrilling championship fights.

Max is basically cake-walking the last two years and I'm afraid the next two if Liberty doesn't do something about it. A hand must be forced and it must be done for the heallth of the sport.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Alonsismo wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 00:11
chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:47
Out of a possible 276 points, Max has secured 255 of them. 92.4% of available points.

He has only dropped points in:
1pt Bahrain for fastest lap
7pts in Saudi by finishing 2nd
1pt Austrialia for Fastest lap
2pts in Baku sprint by finishing 3rd
8pts in Baku by finishing 2nd + Fastest lap
1pt in Monaco for fastest lap
1pt in Canada for fastest lap
this season Max is doing what I always thought that alonswo would have done with a Dominant car.

Max is showing what a top driver can do with a dominant car and team.
Or when he gets an top driver teammate!!! (oh that will never happen!) when will Liberty force Marko's hand though? I don't see it happening but it's something that must be a priority because Newey's cars in this ground effect era will always be ten steps ahead. I have seen enough to say that convergence will never happen in this era.
Last edited by Stu on 15 Jul 2023, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted quote-post removed
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 04:38
Or when he gets an top driver teammate!!! (oh that will never happen!) when will Liberty force Marko's hand though? I don't see it happening but it's something that must be a priority because Newey's cars in this ground effect era will always be ten steps ahead. I have seen enough to say that convergence will never happen in this era.
What on earth can Marko do though, more then what they've already done: Hear Norris and Leclerc out on their contract status. He can't hire them.

Alonso got a two year deal so he's under contract next year as well.

Hamilton is available for next year, but very unlikely to sign for Red Bull.

And then to your second point, lets not be so pessimistic. Mclaren has made great progress, so so could the others. James Allison still has the ambition for Mercedes to win this year. Ferrari are close to Red Bull at least on one lap pace. Yes this year is done and dusted, but next year might be much much closer, regardless if Red Bull might win it eventually anyway. I think there'll be some great racing in 24 and 25.

Willy
Willy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 04:34
chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:19
There is never going to be a battle like Lewis and Max in 2021. That was a awesome battle across the full season. The rivalry, the dramas, the off track digs and things between team bosses. Never going to get that sort of thing again anytime soon i'd imagine. You certainly wouldn't get it if you stuck 2 drivers in the same team and said to them create drama to make it look good on TV.

This is F1. The pinnacle of motorsport. Its not the weekly Eastenders episode and creating fake drama and rivalry between teams to impress 'fans' and get viewer numbers up. Wont happen, and ill be AMAZED if the teams allow it. F1 should leave that to Brad Pitt and his little episodes he's creating with Lewis to give fans some orchestrated drama.

Fake drama? So contradictory.. Look at history of two top drivers sharing a top car:

Moss Vs Fangio
Lauda VS Prost
Senna VS Prost
Hamilton Vs Alonso
Vettel VS Webber
Hamilton VS Rosberg

All very thrilling championship fights.

Max is basically cake-walking the last two years and I'm afraid the next two if Liberty doesn't do something about it. A hand must be forced and it must be done for the heallth of the sport.
There has to be a clear definition of what a thrilling championship fight is. Team members sparring and creating tension and ruckus within the team with divided camps or on track wheel to wheel racing. Sparring team mates is an ugly drama for just sadistic pleasure. That's just is really poor show. 1998/1999/2000/2003/2005/2006/2007/2008/2010/2012/2021 were great for F1 in particular. When there is a fight between two or more teams, that's bound to be very entertaining as we can see a car development war and strategies to outfox each other. Team mate competition is just based on engagement rules where if one driver is ahead after turn 1, most likely he would win because he would get the preferred strategy. That's no competition or more or less moderated.

Cs98
Cs98

ME4ME wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 09:52
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 04:38
What on earth can Marko do though, more then what they've already done: Hear Norris and Leclerc out on their contract status. He can't hire them.

Alonso got a two year deal so he's under contract next year as well.

Hamilton is available for next year, but very unlikely to sign for Red Bull.

And then to your second point, lets not be so pessimistic. Mclaren has made great progress, so so could the others. James Allison still has the ambition for Mercedes to win this year. Ferrari are close to Red Bull at least on one lap pace. Yes this year is done and dusted, but next year might be much much closer, regardless if Red Bull might win it eventually anyway. I think there'll be some great racing in 24 and 25.
I'm pretty optimistic about 24 and 25 in terms of quality of racing. McLaren and Aston are proving that you can take huge performance steps in a relatively short amount of time when following an established concept. Which under previous regs didn't feel possible in the same way. Now it's only up to Merc and Ferrari to do the same and a bit more, which they ought to be capable of given their resources and experience.

PlatinumZealot

Willy wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 10:39
There has to be a clear definition of what a thrilling championship fight is. Team members sparring and creating tension and ruckus within the team with divided camps or on track wheel to wheel racing. Sparring team mates is an ugly drama for just sadistic pleasure. That's just is really poor show. 1998/1999/2000/2003/2005/2006/2007/2008/2010/2012/2021 were great for F1 in particular. When there is a fight between two or more teams, that's bound to be very entertaining as we can see a car development war and strategies to outfox each other. Team mate competition is just based on engagement rules where if one driver is ahead after turn 1, most likely he would win because he would get the preferred strategy. That's no competition or more or less moderated.
The sparring teams point is moot, let's face it, we wont have that in the rest of this era, so to save the show, a competitive driver will have to partner Max.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 13:30
Willy wrote:
The sparring teams point is moot, let's face it, we wont have that in the rest of this era, so to save the show, a competitive driver will have to partner Max.
To me, I can not see any of the 'top' drivers going to RBR as long as Max is there. It may not be correct, but I think everyone sees it as a one driver team and the other would be fighting 19 cars and a garage full of managers.

This seems to be the style of the team since way back when Webber said not bad for a number two driver, not a poke at Max.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Willy
Willy

Big Tea wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 16:33
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 13:30
Willy wrote:
To me, I can not see any of the 'top' drivers going to RBR as long as Max is there. It may not be correct, but I think everyone sees it as a one driver team and the other would be fighting 19 cars and a garage full of managers.

This seems to be the style of the team since way back when Webber said not bad for a number two driver, not a poke at Max.
There are no two WDC titles awarded for a team in a year isn't it? So a team can optimize itself to try to win what's on offer in the easiest way possible, a WDC and a WCC. In their scheme of things, fancy thoughts of audience emotions probably doesn't figure. So why take headache for something that doesn't exist and create tension? No. 1 and No. 2 are always the best thing for a team regardless of which team it is.

organic

Not Vanja but
AR3-GP wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 16:29
Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 09:39
Xyz22 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 21:20
I doubt that even the perfect Ferrari would have matched the McL which has been the closest car to RB yet this year i think.
Max was managing his pace and top speed again this race, unlike Austria where RB flexed their muscles to the fullest. Also, Ferrari was slower than they could have gone, as explained by Vasseur.
Would you mind posting telemetry in RBR thread? I’m on mobile currently.

Max was losing tenths to checo on the straight every lap

This Twitter thread should cover it. They haven't picked up on it having happened all season already, but they outline the return of this pace management at Silverstone