2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote: ↑
27 Aug 2023, 21:53
Verstappen has been having great starts again...
Yea wonder what is causing this huge change in Start performance. If they're trying to conserve the gearboxes the starts suffer? Once they decided to take the gearbox penalty (pre-hungary), they began to stress them?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

πŸ“» | LAP 35/72

GP - "We are fuel safe so you can reduce lift off if you feel it is beneficial to front tyre temps"

πŸ“» | LAP 43/72

GP - "You can start to use the tyres a bit more Max"
courtesy of rbbulletin twitter.

The only thing that's going to stop Max this year is bad luck.

organic

27 Aug 2023, 22:34
πŸ“» | LAP 35/72

GP - "We are fuel safe so you can reduce lift off if you feel it is beneficial to front tyre temps"

πŸ“» | LAP 43/72

A mechanical or a broken front wing on lap 1 is possible to break the record.

I could see Singapore as a tricky race especially if amr have recovered form

organic

Worrying for the team result but now that AMR have recovered their car's performance, Checo will have a tough time retaining P2 in the drivers championship.

Despite there not being a clear 2nd fastest car since Spain, and Alonso driving what was the 5th fastest car since roughly the same period, Perez remains in close proximity to both ham and Alo in the championship.

In the first race after the car is better, Alonso has outscored Perez by 7 pts. I don't think the 33 points separating them will last that long.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think he'll be fine as long as it stops raining.

organic

28 Aug 2023, 01:40
Weather forecast in Italy is not so smooth, and we have Singapore/Suzuka/interlagos still to go :mrgreen:

organic

Wouter wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2023, 09:33
Focus on 2024, but what will Red Bull do about RB19 this F1 season?

It raises the question of what updates we can expect this year in the second half of the season, a question Paul Monaghan
was also asked during the technical media session in Hungary:
"There is at least one more real step ahead with the RB19 for the end of this season, a step that is already established."
The latter also makes sense, since Verstappen announced that the update package for Hungary was also fixed in January.

"After that we will see if we want to bring any more upgrades, but that will be completely with a view to next year," Monaghan continues his explanation. It means that additional updates will be purely in function of the RB20. "Towards the end of the year we can still put a few things on the car, but only if we think it's valid to bring those things in this year. That will then be completely in preparation for next year's car."

It means that Red Bull has been quite sparing with upgrades across the board and Hungary's package has apparently been the most drastic, along with the previous updates in Baku. "Visually Hungary's update is indeed a big one, but the scale of aerodynamic updates is not necessarily reflected in how different they look on the outside," explained Red Bull's chief engineer. "We can change many other things about the car that are less visible to people, but that have a similar or even greater effect."
The whole Motorsport.com article translated in English.
Sounds like the Singapore package will be decently sized otherwise wouldn't be mentioned by Monaghan I think. Marko mentioned rb's only upgrade would come at Singapore. I suspect it will be rear wing endplates and a floor edge tweak

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Did Sergio decide not to do the team celebration photo? Don't see him.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2023, 01:49
Weather forecast in Italy is not so smooth, and we have Singapore/Suzuka/interlagos still to go :mrgreen:
A bit off topic but is this one of the seasons with highest occurrence of rain? Ridiculous...

Wouter

12:28, Today. Verstappen gets everything out of RB19

The RB19 is the best car in the field, but then the driver still has to get everything out of it. That is something Verstappen has certainly managed to do in recent races; teammate Sergio Perez has had a harder time of it. At Miami in early May, Verstappen began his run of victories, while Perez only made the podium four times in those nine races since Miami. Verstappen explains where he found something in the RB19.

"I think I learned a lot from the race in Baku, how to do some things with the car, how to set it up. Of course, I didn't win that race in Baku, but I actually really tried a lot of stuff and different tools in the car, and that's why throughout the race, it was a little bit inconsistent, but at one point I got into a good rhythm with what I found, but then I damaged my tyres a bit too much. But I was like, β€˜OK, that's quite interesting for the next races.’ And I basically implemented that, and it has helped me on every track."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/233829/v ... -rb19.html
The Power of Dreams!

organic

KimiRai wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2023, 14:00
A bit off topic but is this one of the seasons with highest occurrence of rain? Ridiculous...
I don't know any of the stats nor have I seen anyone try to claim it however it is a ridiculous amount of rain so far. Most of the Sundays have been unaffected - just Monaco and Zandvoort I think? Whilst we had wet sprints at Austria and spa

But a ton of wet-> dry qualis and essentially ruined practice sessions.

If there was a title fight this year it certainly would've made a big impact

Cs98
Cs98

28 Aug 2023, 14:34

There is a title fight... between Max and his steering wheel.

TNTHead

28 Aug 2023, 14:34

I don't know any of the stats nor have I seen anyone try to claim it however it is a ridiculous amount of rain so far. Most of the Sundays have been unaffected - just Monaco and Zandvoort I think? Whilst we had wet sprints at Austria and spa

But a ton of wet-> dry qualis and essentially ruined practice sessions.

On Sky international they said 1995 was also a wet season, others are saying 1981 or 2008 (https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... ?rdt=39166). But I didn't check which season was the most wet. It definitely is extraordinary. May be they can take 'raining season' into account when planning the GP's, although it will always be a gamble.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Spa had a bit of drizzle in the GP and Imola would have been a wet weekend, if not for there being so much of it that it caused the region to flood.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

27 Aug 2023, 22:34
πŸ“» | LAP 35/72

πŸ“» | LAP 43/72

Meanwhile at Mercedes they think they were faster than Max.... So puzzled why Lewis was making those statements. They did the same last year.