2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:01
Just now in post race Russell said he had his mind also on Lewis because he was pushing hard from behind
So is Russell saying he would crash whenever he's under pressure from a faster driver behind? That's not great PR. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

search

Here are the videos of Perez divebombing Tsunoda and Albon out of the race:

dialtone
dialtone

search wrote:Here are the videos of Perez divebombing Tsunoda and Albon out of the race:

Lol... Open lobbies these days man.

ringo

bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:12
ringo wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:07
bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:39
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
So you want hamilton to not race and not try ro win?
Were it Max im sure you would a different opinion and praise the guy for the racer he is.
Ofcourse he can race and try to win but in what expense?
Anyway you guys don't get me really, bottom line is that the team was on a mission but one driver thought of himself only and we saw the result.
Yes its a light joke. Because you are getting into what you think a driver is thinking, then accusinf them of disrespect when its the opposite. If hamilton were disrespectful he would have dive bombed russel and got ahead. There were at least 3 instances hamilton had a gap to dive into and he held back.
He had too much respect i feel. He let russel do his thing. But he could have attacked and got ahead and won the race but was thinking too much about team harmony by not trying to pass. You can look on it that way.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed line in quote
For Sure!!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:33

The Tsunoda one is 50/50. The Albon one should be a penalty, he's too far back for that move.
A lion must kill its prey.

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
search wrote:

The Tsunoda one is 50/50. The Albon one should be a penalty, he's too far back for that move.
Not sure what you mean man... Perez is in a RedBull. Tsunoda's fault for both.

bluechris

Tvetovnato wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:19
bluechris wrote:
ringo wrote:

Were it Max im sure you would a different opinion and praise the guy for the racer he is.
Anyway you guys don't get me really, bottom line is that the team was on a mission but one driver thought of himself only and we saw the result.
I think we get you just fine. You are not the only one on here trying to blame a certain driver for things that are totally uncalled for, just because you happen to dislike that certain driver. We see it all the time.
nope i respect Hamilton and all the drivers i just dont like intrateam battles in all teams.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

bluechris

ringo wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:34
bluechris wrote:
ringo wrote:

Yes its a light joke. Because you are getting into what you think a driver is thinking, then accusinf them of disrespect when its the opposite. If hamilton were disrespectful he would have dive bombed russel and got ahead. There were at least 3 instances hamilton had a gap to dive into and he held back.
He had too much respect i feel. He let russel do his thing. But he could have attacked and got ahead and won the race but was thinking too much about team harmony by not trying to pass. You can look on it that way.
As i think it, yes you can say that. Maybe i overeact lol...
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

search wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I laugh when I think about Hamilton had 5 sec penalty in Belgium while watching casual terrorism from Perez

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Spoutnik wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:43
search wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I laugh when I think about Hamilton had 5 sec penalty in Belgium while watching casual terrorism from Perez
He's just a dirty driver. In online simracing lobbies he would be banned for sure. Still put the Spa incident against Hamilton firmly on him as well. What a tool.

Mogster

There’s nothing at stake, not Mercs WCC position or the WDC. Why should Merc resort to team orders? If it was the other way round there’s no way Russell would have backed off, and with so little at stake then why should he.

It’s just racing, and we see so little if it in modern F1, it seems some people want to see even less.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

search wrote:
[vids removed to keep thread readable]
Perez ended Tsunoda's race there. According to some, that should have a been a monster penalty right there.

And the move on Albon was just sim-racing silliness and should also have been given a slap.

But RB have steward-proof stealth paint on their cars these days, so all good. :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Mogster wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:45
There’s nothing at stake, not Mercs WCC position or the WDC. Why should Merc resort to team orders? If it was the other way round there’s no way Russell would have backed off, and with so little at stake then why should he.

It’s just racing, and we see so little if it in modern F1, it seems some people want to see even less.
Agreed. It's the team allowing their drivers to fight. Just like Ferrari did in Monza. When one driver isn't fighting for the title, it's what the teams should be required to do.

This should be applauded.

cplchanb
cplchanb

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:46
bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:39
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
If the positions had been reversed - George following Lewis - would George have sat back and given Lewis room or would he have been crawling all over him looking for a gap? The answer is George would have been all over the gearbox AND on the radio telling the pitwall to let him by because he was quicker. That's the reality of that team's dynamic.

MB have two top racing drivers who are allowed/encouraged to race each other, just like Ferrari. Sometimes that works well, sometimes it doesn't, but it's good for the sport.
not to mention there was only a few laps remaining... ham needed to be close so that he could slot through as soon as george makes the pass. had he hung back a 1-2 wouldve been inpossible.

Oleo
Oleo

Ver did the same thing vs Hul lap 2 as Per vs Albon. Hul is sensible and leaves space. If you dont want to get past like that, dont leave the door wide open, be more like KMag (vs Ver).
If they are that far alongside at the apex and you dont leave a car width, you are both to blame, 1 for dive bomb, 1 for not leaving space. So leave the space and its a penalty. Now its just a race incident.