2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:05
diffuser wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:02
RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:16

Who’s defending them? When people make comments like this attacking the air instead of being specific the wrong people might get the wrong idea.

Anyway what’s the alternative? Throw in the towel completely? I’m critical of the current leadership and technical team that needs to change but I know Lawrence is doing that so I’m not just going to give up and do what? Go support another team? Pfft geez relax

Like Krack said, everything is going to plan. The problem isn't that this year we were too slow. The problem was that last year we got lucky and were alot better than expected at the beginning of the year. There are alot of things they need to learn.

You guys keep speaking like the project is a finished. It's not. they've hired more than 400 people over the last couple of years. Things are changing all the time. They are not an established team yet. They know they are missing pieces.
Na Krack is saying they were accidentally fast and then kept going backwards. The problem is they have kept going backwards. Stroll Snr had a meeting with Krack and Dan after Imola. They are both on their last legs. No point defending them at this point if the updates carry on being a wet fart.
I doudt that.

PinkFloydPulse

The team clearly has no idea what is wrong with the car... They have brought the most updates of all teams, and they have slumped the most in performance... Clearly something is wrong there so yeah...
Team Fernando!

RedNEO

Nikosar wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:08
RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:22
Nikosar wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:18

We know that he's very loyal to Red Bull and that he left out of frustration. At his age, he doesn't need to continue and he's already won everything. If he wants to continue, the only clever thing to do is to get the biggest pay cheque possible and retire, with Ferrari, Williams or Aston without worrying about performance.
If you know anything about Newey you should know that money is not what drives him. He’s after a challenge. He also doesn’t like teams who are ruled by committee or that are too political hence why Williams (American owners) is already out the picture and why Aston has become the front runner over teams like Ferrari/Merc.
if it was for the challenge and to avoid politics, he would have already signed for Ferrari
Plenty of politics in Italy let alone Ferrari plus he wants a challenge not a team that’s basically one tenth from fighting for the championship

RedNEO

"Contractually Newey cannot announce that he has signed for another team until September, however we have seen fluidity in his contract situation before."
Source: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... in-in-2025

He could already be signed to Aston Martin, which if you think about it, would make the factory visit make sense.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Aston guys said they did not bring changes to the floor in the end like other teams. Stroll said updates "will not come next week, but in the coming weekends" so hopefully that means it wasn't fake info and some changes are bound soon. In the meantime we'll have to endure this car :(

RedNEO

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 21:19
Aston guys said they did not bring changes to the floor in the end like other teams. Stroll said updates "will not come next week, but in the coming weekends" so hopefully that means it wasn't fake info and some changes are bound soon. In the meantime we'll have to endure this car :(
No amount of updates is going to fix something they’ve had the best part of a year, a winter and a new car to dial out. Best case scenario they bring something that doesn’t suck and at best they will still finish 5th in the WCC. I’m not saying they should give up on this year but I don’t see the point in getting depressed about results when 5th in the WCC would be all we would get anyway with half the year already gone. What’s more important is the updates off track and new signing so that we actually start moving forwards not keep getting disappointed by the next update that does nothing.

Otromundo

Things are getting complicated ...
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Tom McCullough, on setting up cars on circuits with long corners.

"Achieving balance in a long corner is always more complicated, and it's something everyone is working on."

"We have been working on it since Bahrain"

A year and a half and they have 0 understanding. Hoping the new wind tunnel helps but I doubt it since they lack the fundamental knowledge

RedNEO

SSJ4 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 22:28
Tom McCullough, on setting up cars on circuits with long corners.

"Achieving balance in a long corner is always more complicated, and it's something everyone is working on."

"We have been working on it since Bahrain"

A year and a half and they have 0 understanding. Hoping the new wind tunnel helps but I doubt it since they lack the fundamental knowledge
Yeah none of these people have the slightest clue how to lead a development team. Newey is needed more than ever as a mentor and a leader to get things focused. The good thing is Stroll Snr hasn’t been sitting around until half the year is over to then act, he did it since the start of the year by approaching Newey and others. Now we just need to wait for the results of his efforts which should see some movement one way or another.

max_speed
max_speed

RedNEO wrote:
diffuser wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:16

Who’s defending them? When people make comments like this attacking the air instead of being specific the wrong people might get the wrong idea.

Anyway what’s the alternative? Throw in the towel completely? I’m critical of the current leadership and technical team that needs to change but I know Lawrence is doing that so I’m not just going to give up and do what? Go support another team? Pfft geez relax

Like Krack said, everything is going to plan. The problem isn't that this year we were too slow. The problem was that last year we got lucky and were alot better than expected at the beginning of the year. There are alot of things they need to learn.

You guys keep speaking like the project is a finished. It's not. they've hired more than 400 people over the last couple of years. Things are changing all the time. They are not an established team yet. They know they are missing pieces.
Na Krack is saying they were accidentally fast and then kept going backwards. The problem is they have kept going backwards. Stroll Snr had a meeting with Krack and Dan after Imola. They are both on their last legs. No point defending them at this point if the updates carry on being a wet fart.
I am off the same opinion. Big projects have milestones, and you hit them to show progress. Not an iota of improvement in close to 2 years. Defending the krack & Dan dsnt make sense. They get paid millions if cant show progress, next one please. If they are saying they dnt understand why last year was fast then it cements the fact that Dan just copied newey designs but never understood concepts behind it. Difference between cloning and inspiration.

RedNEO

max_speed wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 03:05
RedNEO wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I am off the same opinion. Big projects have milestones, and you hit them to show progress. Not an iota of improvement in close to 2 years. Defending the krack & Dan dsnt make sense. They get paid millions if cant show progress, next one please. If they are saying they dnt understand why last year was fast then it cements the fact that Dan just copied newey designs but never understood concepts behind it. Difference between cloning and inspiration.
Yeah not impressed with Fallows he’s turned out to be nothing but a tracing paper weight. Not surprised that he’s been given the talk after each winter they just spend the year going backwards not knowing up from down. I’m glad Stroll has acted.

diffuser

You're all presuming that they're shopping for more people cause they want to replace Fallows. We don't really know why they're shopping. It could just be part of the plan all Along. That it isn't result related at all.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 09:27
You're all presuming that they're shopping for more people cause they want to replace Fallows. We don't really know why they're shopping. It could just be part of the plan all Along. That it isn't result related at all.
There’s a reason Aston Martin is in pole position to get Newey and it’s definitely not because they are delighted with the current “plan”.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

RedNEO wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 10:26
diffuser wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 09:27
There’s a reason Aston Martin is in pole position to get Newey and it’s definitely not because they are delighted with the current “plan”.
Newey I think everyone would like it regardless and in any case it's not yet certain that they will take it, so please don't jinx it

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alo's body language looks beat down. It has been like that this season, can imagine how difficult it is with this crappy car after having tasted podium champagne last year