2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bluechris

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

What was the question of the Plan A from Leclerc? What he wanted to do?

Sevach
Sevach

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Leclerc is pissed off and rightly so, Sainz has a history of doing this and costing time. Vasseur needs to get Sainz in order.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Happy that Sainz is going...

LM10
LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:03
Why shouldnt sainz of overtaken Leclerc?
Because he pushed unnecessarily much in the starting phase of the race against his own teammate to the point they touched. After his overtake he (like almost always) wasn’t able to drive off. Charles usually starts his stints carefully in order not to overstress the tyres.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Very disappointing, since the upgrades I have been holding on to hope based on the car not liking cool temperatures, then based on some of the recent tracks not being representative, then based on some of the recent tracks not being high tyre degradation tracks amongst one or two other things...

Reality is that on today's showing on a good representative track in what we would consider ideal conditions for Ferrari in both track temperature and on a track that tests a cars tyre degradation, Ferrari were nowhere!

With the two upgrades coming so quickly together, maybe they haven't figure them out yet, maybe the car under performed today because they anticipated cooler conditions and setup for that so the setup wasn't ideal...

Today's showing pretty much destroyed any hope I had left and I know I'm now clutching at straws. :(

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

LM10 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:41
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:31
LM10 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:28

Leclerc consistently third fastest car on track behind Norris and Verstappen on the Softs.
Accounting for tyre offset, he'd be slightly quicker than Lewis, if at all.
So yeah, third-fourth fastest car. With more extensive upgrades than Red Bull, McLaren or Mercedes.
McLaren changed their whole car in one upgrade.

The frustrating thing in this thread is that people (also seen in your posts perfectly) change their personal pecking order from race to race and make it look like the whole truth. Totally ignoring other factors and acting like robots - "Ferrari is slower than Mercedes in Barcelona - Ferrari is the fourth fastest car now"...

What are the factors I'm talking about? Things like this track was not going to be a strong track for Ferrari anyway or things like the possibility of the upgrades needing time to be dialed in (setup, porpoising etc.).
My rating changed exactly because of what I saw the last two weekends.
Last weekend we had a low-energy, stop&go track with low track temps, and the car didn't perform.
This weekend we had a high-energy, high speed flowing track, and the car didn't perform. This poses a question: what exactly is the track that the car is supposed to perform well at? Monaco? There aren't many of those. And even then, Monaco was mostly on Charles being berserk around the track. McLaren would've won had this car been driven by anyone else.

Every weekend we make excuses like "oh, the temps dropped. Oh, its the cloud cover. Oh, the track was green". It's time to stop. If what the car needs to perform is 50 degrees celsius of temperture and medium-speed corners (so, Hungary), then it's fair to question whether it's as good as it looked like at the start of the season, or was it just a byproduct of MCL and Mercedes coming poorly prepared, with one team having issues with wear, and the other figuring out their front wing.

The window where the car has an upper hand over the competition is closing. It's the reason why I downgraded it to third-fourth best.

chrisc90

LM10 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:10
chrisc90 wrote:
Because he pushed unnecessarily much in the starting phase of the race against his own teammate to the point they touched. After his overtake he (like almost always) wasn’t able to drive off. Charles usually starts his stints carefully in order not to overstress the tyres.
Just re-watched Charles onboard of the overtake, and Sainz has the right to that corner 100%. Sainz rear wheel is level with the front of Charles car after the overtake, but Charles was later on the brakes and closed up a little.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Will Austria suit this Ferrari?
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Sphere3758 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:53
Vinlarr89 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:43
One thing I notice is Charles always appears too slow in the first few laps compared to their rest which then means dropping further down the field. Pace towards the end strong, but nowhere near equal to the RBR or MCL
It is probably an agreement in the team to get the tyres in gently to extend their life when your teammate is behind you.

But Carlos did Carlos things as usual and Ferrari lost a potential podium
And.. I was right !

https://x.com/badpostf1/status/1804892828687831042

chrisc90

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
It's not that he can't overtake him. He tried to, hit him in the process, almost causing a crash, and proceeded to take the position off track. That completely compromised Charles race, who was light years ahead on pace. That's the reason he had to extend instead of mirroring Verstappen strategy.

Shame on Ferrari for not taking any authority either.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:12
LM10 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Just re-watched Charles onboard of the overtake, and Sainz has the right to that corner 100%. Sainz rear wheel is level with the front of Charles car after the overtake, but Charles was later on the brakes and closed up a little.
You're missing the point.
The point is that Carlos fires up the tyres, uses this to BS the pitwall to have LEC move over, then he either passes him (like this race) and fades away, holding up Charles, or Charles opens up a gap otherwise. Look up Imola. Look up last years Austria.

Whereas Charles is gently working the tyres up to temp.

Carlos does this all the time and it's detrimental.
dia6olo wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:11
Very disappointing, since the upgrades I have been holding on to hope based on the car not liking cool temperatures, then based on some of the recent tracks not being representative, then based on some of the recent tracks not being high tyre degradation tracks amongst one or two other things...

Reality is that on today's showing on a good representative track in what we would consider ideal conditions for Ferrari in both track temperature and on a track that tests a cars tyre degradation, Ferrari were nowhere!

With the two upgrades coming so quickly together, maybe they haven't figure them out yet, maybe the car under performed today because they anticipated cooler conditions and setup for that so the setup wasn't ideal...

Today's showing pretty much destroyed any hope I had left and I know I'm now clutching at straws. :(
Man if even you of all people had enough of this, then we have no hope left. :lol:

dialtone
dialtone

Sainz really trying his best to piss off the entire team and fans huh? After China now this here?

LM10
LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:12
LM10 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Both cars were next to each other on the straight when they hit the brakes. Charles could have not applied more brakes without compromising himself or locking up. Up to this point Sainz did not have any more rights as both were on the straight. Going into the corner Charles went on the kerbs completely so it was on Sainz having to give him more space, but he closed the door on his team mate and they touched.