2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

delete
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

organic wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:12
Not only was Perez poor but he ruined Max's race essentially. I am surprised the team didn't consider the 1-stop.
They might have considered it, but I think today was about ensuring Max finished ahead of Lando.

Maybe hurt his tyres too much in the dirty air to make that realistic, but so did Russell
Russell made the call to 1 stop. That was a gamble, one RedBull probably didn't want to take. Given they only had 1 new hard tyre for the race.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Delete, reposts
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Max was stuck behind an illegal Mercedes too :lol:

FW17

Yuki was not playing ball either

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Lap 16:

Lap 22:

=D>

Max didn't say a word about it from lap 13 to lap 22.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 07:30, edited 8 times in total.

Rikhart
Rikhart

I don't think Verstappen will be competing in this team in the near future, just saying.

Sergej
Sergej

mixed feelings about this race, extending the lead over Lando despite the penalty is very good, but it feels like a missed opportunity to gain even more, starting from the penalty itself, which I still consider a mistake to take here, one of the few tracks where win was possible, then the race management with Max stuck in the DRS led by Checo :lol:

the positive things is that Lando keeps making mistakes and this is a hard psychological hit for him, if he starts losing even to Oscar that's a win for Max, on the negative side with that fast Mercedes there will be races where we can lose a ton of points, a scenario Lando-Oscar-Lewis-George-Max is now quite realistic; it'll be a tense season ending

lastly, if I was Max I would jump on the Mercedes train, but maybe now it's too late, seems Toto chose Kimi

PierreW
PierreW

Max should stay with Red Bull unless their 2026 motor is a disaster. They are such a good fit. We should believe in Horner to right the ship and tighten the screws. Was Red Bull in full knowledge of the DRS reduction when they choose to take the penalty here?

It was hard to overtake here. Norris couldn't put a single attack on Max, and Hamilton couldn't on Russel despite being 0.6-0.7s faster per lap.

CjC
CjC

Sergej wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:37
mixed feelings about this race, extending the lead over Lando despite the penalty is very good, but it feels like a missed opportunity to gain even more, starting from the penalty itself, which I still consider a mistake to take here, one of the few tracks where win was possible, then the race management with Max stuck in the DRS led by Checo :lol:

the positive things is that Lando keeps making mistakes and this is a hard psychological hit for him, if he starts losing even to Oscar that's a win for Max, on the negative side with that fast Mercedes there will be races where we can lose a ton of points, a scenario Lando-Oscar-Lewis-George-Max is now quite realistic; it'll be a tense season ending

lastly, if I was Max I would jump on the Mercedes train, but maybe now it's too late, seems Toto chose Kimi
Underweight train =P~ =P~
Just a fan's point of view

Dunlay
Dunlay

What was that smokescreen qualifying performance from Red Bull? What happened to the pace in the race? Has the team spoken about what happened, where did the pace go?

Sergej
Sergej

PierreW wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:46
Max should stay with Red Bull unless their 2026 motor is a disaster. They are such a good fit. We should believe in Horner to right the ship and tighten the screws. Was Red Bull in full knowledge of the DRS reduction when they choose to take the penalty here?

It was hard to overtake here. Norris couldn't put a single attack on Max, and Hamilton couldn't on Russel despite being 0.6-0.7s faster per lap.
I have a feeling they made an overconfidence mistake by:
1 thinking they would have recovered as easily as 22/23
2 not considering that this could have been one of the very few remaining races where win is possible

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:14
Lap 16:
https://i.postimg.cc/pLpr3Gsx/image.png

Lap 22:
https://i.postimg.cc/J0r4xPsf/image.png

=D>

Max didn't say a word about it from lap 13 to lap 22. I don't even think Max cared anymore today. After trying to make a difference in Hungary, he was criticized. Now today they managed the race so badly and he was just going to let them wallow in it :lol: :lol:

This is why drivers have to speak up during the races. It makes Red Bull stronger and it gives the team clarity. Perez should have been moved. Today was another show of weakness from Red Bull and Max is done compensating for the car and for Perez only for them to spit in his face like this. As he said at the end, he was happy to beat Norris and didn't say much about anything else :lol:

Sure Max, you were 100% happy today to go from P11 to P5. Happy to beat 3 midfield cars, and Perez and Sainz. An 100% unserious remark from Max :lol: :lol:
I think that's very harsh on the team. There was Russell in between them, what were they supposed to do? After russell overtook Perez they pitted him immediately to get him out of Max's way. Later when Max caught him again he moved aside within half a lap. Sometimes races pan up the way they do, engine penalty and sub-optimal dry pace killed this race, not perez in particular.

Pit stops should have been faster I agree. In general team is not operating on 2022-2023 levels.

Juzh

Dunlay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:52
What was that smokescreen qualifying performance from Red Bull? What happened to the pace in the race? Has the team spoken about what happened, where did the pace go?
Yeah, really strange to just drop off like that. They lost something like 0,5s of relative performance from Q to race. Maybe we also saw some Max magic yesterday as per usual.

CjC
CjC

Dunlay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:52
Max never had clean air.
He would have competed for the win if he started from his actual pole position

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/verst ... /10639953/
Just a fan's point of view