2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:59
peewon wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:49
He said in the interview that he will be taking a holiday with his wife. He mentioned how long he's been in F1 non stop, doing other side projects. Genuinely think he wants a bit of a break. In order to make meaningful changes he would have to get the team's feedback first. I think he will only have focus on 2026 car.
He has been on "holiday" for the last 3 months. :lol:
I hear his wife look alot like Dan Fallows!

zoroastar

KimiRai wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 17:13
Only Cardile and Bell missing from the photo

Also Fernando is always right next to Newey :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXH6iFFWoAA ... name=large
i always thought newey was taller than that haha

KimiRai
KimiRai

So Adrian arrives early March, the team will have their own ideas and have advanced somewhat, Adrian will have thought something on his own surely. Does he supervise from that point on, or will they pick and choose... bit of wild speculation and I have no clue at all of technical stuff of course :D

Can see the disadvantage of him not being there from the start, if they have to go back on some stuff and the finished product will be at a less advanced stage for launch than other teams... But who knows maybe that also means they choose a better platform
Last edited by KimiRai on 11 Sep 2024, 05:09, edited 2 times in total.

zoroastar

peewon wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 20:01
Just a reminder that Helmut Marko predicted Newey going to AM as far back as Miami GP in May.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... xt-f1-team

Just to highlight that lot of what fans hear in the media and from pundits are speculations and often have ulterior motives behind them. Big decisions are usually made long in advance and certain people are always in the know.
ive wondered how long this has actually been in the motions. a lot of f1 seems kinda choreographed to a certain extent. zack brown is definitely an actor that was put there to antagonize redbull constantly, up until they actually get caught cheating. then he says nothing. :lol:

Ashwinv16

KimiRai wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 02:52
So Adrian arrives early March, the team will have their own ideas and have advanced somewhat, Adrian will have thought something on his own surely. Does he supervise from that point on, or will they pick and choose... bit of wild speculation and I have no clue at all of technical stuff of course :D

Can see the disadvantage of him not being there from the start, if they have to go back on some stuff and the finished product will be at a less advanced stage for launch than other teams... But who knows maybe that also means they choose a better platform
Adrian is the final piece of the puzzle, he is there to make sure the concept works. This is how he has worked all along. He never brings the design from scratch, instead he develops on the design conceptualized as a group. It's literally his book (something to do with Ayrton senna and 1994 season so from then on he never leads the first draft.
Halo not as bad as we thought

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 02:52

The good thing is that the chassis rules were published pretty late and changed a lot of times (and still will be), so noone will have a real head start on the chassis side. Even better that no wind tunnel runs are allowed before the new year.

I think it's pretty clear that Neweys ideas will somehow find its ways to the team already before March. But it's clear, as he said, you can't underestimate the time he needs to get used to his new colleagues, the new environment, once he really works there. In every company the ways are a bit different, although you make the same product (building a race car in their case).

What I found very interesting in the media round from Furbatto is that he said that about 1/5 of the stuff in Silvestone was working until now for the completion of building 2 and 3 (or for the things that are in building 2 and 3). This stuff is free for F1 projects once everything is ready to use...

max_speed
max_speed

This could be a awesome or disaster move for aston. with adrian in team, they have left no room to be a medicore team anymore. expectations would touch sky high after such a fanfare. it is good for alonso. let's hope outcome is awesome

GoranF1
GoranF1

Can you imagine the shitstorm of conspiracy theories if AM brings Baku update and it works like Mclaren update last year after this Newey signing 😬
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

GoranF1 wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 14:23
Can you imagine the shitstorm of conspiracy theories if AM brings Baku update and it works like Mclaren update last year after this Newey signing 😬
Probably this gonna happen... I mean Krack was very sure that they new on the right path with the new philosophy and the upgrades works as expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Newey already gived to them few advice why Redbull is fast or how they keep the floor always at optimal ride height,tyre degradation etcetera. Don't even have to look at amr24.

organic

Next big signing for AMR = Verstappen?

:wink:

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 15:28
GoranF1 wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 14:23
Probably this gonna happen... I mean Krack was very sure that they new on the right path with the new philosophy and the upgrades works as expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Newey already gived to them few advice why Redbull is fast or how they keep the floor always at optimal ride height,tyre degradation etcetera. Don't even have to look at amr24.
Someone knows about new upgrades? they will bring to Baku?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

organic wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 16:27

not any time soon. may be 2027 but I think he will chose the team based on 2026 rule change. or RB lock him down with big pay cheque.

Jambier

organic wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 16:27

Not now... obviously it seems to be crisis at Red Bull right now, Max will try to save the title this year, but if 2025 is bad, I can see him quickly replace Russell at Mercedes.

Now, if Honda + Newey + Aston are doing well in 2026; it is possible to see him coming to the team, they will have to replace Alonso one day (I hope victories or even a title for him before that)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

One thing I haven't seen brought up recently is Aston Martin's extra windtunnel and CFD allocation combined with Adrian Newey...Good luck to the others :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso was a bit grumpy in body language this season, but he's been very happy these last days :D

Last edited by KimiRai on 12 Sep 2024, 06:12, edited 3 times in total.