2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 20 - 22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fourmula1
fourmula1

Re: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 20 - 22

Aesop wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 00:33
fourmula1 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 22:57
My take is he is immature and entitled. Like this is what you are going to take a stand against? Drawing a line in the sand over this? Please. People dealing with real issues and he’s in a tissy about being told to not use swear words.
Ask someone not to swear is one thing, but punish him to set an example is another. I'm with Max.
Oof what a tough punishment! Poor Max.

No, more seriously - i don't agree with the FIA either, but broach it in a mature way man. He's acting like an immature entitled child.

Dunlay
Dunlay

fourmula1 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 03:16
Aesop wrote:
fourmula1 wrote:
My take is he is immature and entitled. Like this is what you are going to take a stand against? Drawing a line in the sand over this? Please. People dealing with real issues and he’s in a tissy about being told to not use swear words.
Ask someone not to swear is one thing, but punish him to set an example is another. I'm with Max.

No, more seriously - i don't agree with the FIA either, but broach it in a mature way man. He's acting like an immature entitled child.
I have to agree. MBS comes from a culture where swearing is not common i guess, but is driving an organisation that governs a sport dominated by people of culture where swearing is an everyday thing, more specifically using f*ck in every sentence where English is the language. While it's not part of professional lingo and people manage to keep it out of official meetings in regular office spaces, it's something now ingrained in the English speaking world. MBS should step back and let those who are used to f*uck word manage the FIA.

PlatinumZealot

fourmula1 wrote:
Aesop wrote:
fourmula1 wrote:

That's Max!!
A chip off the old block.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

FW17

Dunlay wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 03:24
fourmula1 wrote:
Aesop wrote:

I have to agree. MBS comes from a culture where swearing is not common i guess, but is driving an organisation that governs a sport dominated by people of culture where swearing is an everyday thing, more specifically using f*ck in every sentence where English is the language. While it's not part of professional lingo and people manage to keep it out of official meetings in regular office spaces, it's something now ingrained in the English speaking world. MBS should step back and let those who are used to f*uck word manage the FIA.
Nowhere in a professional sports or business, any swear words are acceptable.

Using the f word is sexual harassments in some countries.

Max should get an education for what is acceptable in a regular work environment.