2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 20 - 22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fourmula1
fourmula1

Re: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 20 - 22

Aesop wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 00:33
fourmula1 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 22:57
My take is he is immature and entitled. Like this is what you are going to take a stand against? Drawing a line in the sand over this? Please. People dealing with real issues and he’s in a tissy about being told to not use swear words.
Ask someone not to swear is one thing, but punish him to set an example is another. I'm with Max.
Oof what a tough punishment! Poor Max.

No, more seriously - i don't agree with the FIA either, but broach it in a mature way man. He's acting like an immature entitled child.

Dunlay
Dunlay

fourmula1 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 03:16
Aesop wrote:
fourmula1 wrote:
My take is he is immature and entitled. Like this is what you are going to take a stand against? Drawing a line in the sand over this? Please. People dealing with real issues and he’s in a tissy about being told to not use swear words.
Ask someone not to swear is one thing, but punish him to set an example is another. I'm with Max.

No, more seriously - i don't agree with the FIA either, but broach it in a mature way man. He's acting like an immature entitled child.
I have to agree. MBS comes from a culture where swearing is not common i guess, but is driving an organisation that governs a sport dominated by people of culture where swearing is an everyday thing, more specifically using f*ck in every sentence where English is the language. While it's not part of professional lingo and people manage to keep it out of official meetings in regular office spaces, it's something now ingrained in the English speaking world. MBS should step back and let those who are used to f*uck word manage the FIA.

PlatinumZealot

fourmula1 wrote:
Aesop wrote:
fourmula1 wrote:

That's Max!!
A chip off the old block.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

FW17

Dunlay wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 03:24
fourmula1 wrote:
Aesop wrote:

I have to agree. MBS comes from a culture where swearing is not common i guess, but is driving an organisation that governs a sport dominated by people of culture where swearing is an everyday thing, more specifically using f*ck in every sentence where English is the language. While it's not part of professional lingo and people manage to keep it out of official meetings in regular office spaces, it's something now ingrained in the English speaking world. MBS should step back and let those who are used to f*uck word manage the FIA.
Nowhere in a professional sports or business, any swear words are acceptable.

Using the f word is sexual harassments in some countries.

Max should get an education for what is acceptable in a regular work environment.

emp
emp

FW17 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 04:30
Dunlay wrote:
fourmula1 wrote:

Max should get an education for what is acceptable in a regular work environment.

And this is entertainment too, not only sports or only business. You hear footballers swearing all the time on the pitch and even at the refs, and no one bats an eye because of 'the game' or 'adrenalin'. The words he used are used daily by millions of people but somehow are the elephant in the room. Just because some countries have laws influenced by religion or whatever doesn't mean that the rest of the world should do what they want. And this a global entertaining sport which produces billions every year.

Dunlay
Dunlay

emp wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 07:55
FW17 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

And this is entertainment too, not only sports or only business. You hear footballers swearing all the time on the pitch and even at the refs, and no one bats an eye because of 'the game' or 'adrenalin'. The words he used are used daily by millions of people but somehow are the elephant in the room. Just because some countries have laws influenced by religion or whatever doesn't mean that the rest of the world should do what they want. And this a global entertaining sport which produces billions every year.
Just because more people do a certain thing doesn't necessarily make it right.

<>

By the way, show me shows, movies and other dramas or even sports of non religious counties from a 50 or 70 years ago and tell me how common f word was. It's a thing that has become a common place in certain societies in the last few decades, has nothing to do with religion. Just basic human things where using f word was considered disrespectful and it still does in many societies.
Last edited by Dunlay on 22 Sep 2024, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

FW17

emp wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Say that f word to your kid

Wouter

bananapeel23 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:52
GrizzleBoy wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:23
bananapeel23 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:21
Praying for some lap 1 carnage tomorrow so the Ferraris can get back to the front and make strategy really difficult.
Its definitely coming!

Maybe some rain overnight for a repeat of 2017 (or was it 2018).
The 2017 Singapore Grand Prix was cancelled, dummy!
Who is here a dummy?

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

fourmula1 wrote:
He wasn't just told ...... they toke him as an example by giving him a punishment to do community service. #-o

What about all this?

The Power of Dreams!

CHT
CHT

This is going to be one very exciting race start. Max will have to watch out for Lewis because any contact between the 2 may just give Lando the WDC this season.

emp
emp

Dunlay wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 07:58
emp wrote:
FW17 wrote:

<>

By the way, show me shows, movies and other dramas or even sports of non religious counties from a 50 or 70 years ago and tell me how common f word was. It's a thing that has become a common place in certain societies in the last few decades, has nothing to do with religion. Just basic human things where using f word was considered disrespectful and it still does in many societies.

Tell me that some people don't want to adapt without telling me that they don't want to adapt.

Dunlay
Dunlay

emp wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:11
Dunlay wrote:
emp wrote:

<>

Tell me that some people don't want to adapt without telling me that they don't want to adapt.
I openly tell you that I don't want to adapt to stupid things in life. :lol:

emp
emp

FW17 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 08:32
emp wrote:
FW17 wrote:

Say that f word to your kid

Oh yeah, because he will definitely not hear it from other sources (even own family, friends, school, internet) and he will definitely hear it from watching F1 press conferences. I mean, he is a kid, he watches this things, no?

emp
emp

Dunlay wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:12
emp wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:11
Dunlay wrote:

<>

I openly tell you that I don't want to adapt to stupid things in life. :lol:
Yeah, just like the internet or computers were considered at their beginnings. Satans work. Btw isn't stupid a bad word?

Wouter

It is raceday!!! [before a 4 week stop]

The Power of Dreams!