2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

It is pretty scandalous if you consider Max sent Lando off the track at the start and then he was off the track and didnt give back position to Sainz on a clear pass.

Spacepace

Derek Warwick shouldn't be allowed to be a Steward when he owns investments in one of the competing teams PERIOD

Ben1980
Ben1980

No fs given by Toto.

Max will get the WDC but, with the fast Ferrari and hopefully fast Mclaren it will be a limp to a title.

Ben1980
Ben1980

Darth-Piekus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:18
It is pretty scandalous if you consider Max sent Lando off the track at the start and then he was off the track and didnt give back position to Sainz on a clear pass.
If you watch what Davidson just did, it's understandable penalty.

Joel709
Joel709

Darth-Piekus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:15
Mclaren has to appeal because this whole thing is scandalous.
Stella has already said they aren’t appealing

Darth-Piekus

Ah yes forcing someone off the track by divebombing making him get penalized from track limits. Too normal yeah. I'm sorry but I lost my trust to the FIA years now.

I have no energy anymore.

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:21
Ah yes forcing someone off the track by divebombing making him get penalized from track limits. Too normal yeah. I'm sorry but I lost my trust to the FIA years now.
It's turn 1 on lap 1, the invite the fight.

Better question is why alando can't manage the inside when ahead like Max did later.
Last edited by mwillems on 20 Oct 2024, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

Car was really bad here and bad in a peaky way as well which makes it hard to overtake. I was confident Lando wasn't going to get Max the moment I saw the pace advantage dwindle to ~0.5 instead of the 0.8-1s it started after Lando pit.

Lost so much on the mediums for some reason, although to be fair it was only Leclerc who had monster pace. Scratch that, Ferrari has been phenomenal here and they're definitely a threat for the WCC. If McLaren is not on race-leader's pace in Mexico, forget the whole WDC dream, which I have been saying it's unrealistic since the Silverstone disaster class. They actually need to be warry from behind.

As for the "racing" at the end, they should have told Lando immediately to give back the position. Stewards never favor the attacking side in that situation. If they were both off-track, but Lando kept position, Max would have gotten a penalty for pushing the driver off the track, instead of the other way around. Then he could have just chilled behind him and finish the race P4 and not risk going side by side with the divebomb freak that is Max when he is under pressure.

This season actually has just shown that Max hasn't matured at all since 2021, not as a driver at least. He keeps going for the same manoeuvres because the FIA allows it. Such a joke. Battles from all other drivers are clean and respectful, the only exception is Max. How is it normal that the entire grid needs to adapt when attacking or defending against one driver instead of it being the other way around?

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

I didn't read the full race discussion, but if the judges were consistent, Max should have been given a 5 second penalty for overtaking on the first lap of the first corner. He went off track with four wheels and squeezed Lando, but he didn't give up his position. Later in the race, Max went off track when a Ferrari was nearby, and there Max gained an advantage and stayed ahead of the Ferrari. I think for these two points alone, a 10 second penalty should be given to Max.

The main problems with current F1 are the inconsistency of the judges' decisions and the lack of balls to ban Max's brazen antics, which he constantly gets away with. This is not racing, it's a farce.

Mentally, Lando has already beaten Max twice. Mentally, Max doesn't know how to lose. I'm sure karma will come back in full for both Max and Red Bull.

You don't have to comment on my message, I'm not going to enter into further polemics. I see whose side is right, and it's not on the side of the soda team.

SilviuAgo

mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:14
FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:05
basti313 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:57

Why? With the current trajectory he rather needs to look at Leclerc.
Thought it would be P1 to loose for Norris after the summer break. But now it is more likely to loose P2 to Lec than any chance on P1. Think this fish is done unfortunately.
Who cares about P2?
mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:00

But crucially not ahead at the apex. The corner is so long you can just manage the gey wide with ease and ensure the switchback won't work, as long as you are ruthlessly efficient lap after lap.

Agree that the only way to get by was on the inside.

Personally, I thought Max drove brilliantly.
Agreed. Max drives brilliantly but in my opinion, over the limit of what should be allowed. To me that is not clean racing and it will result in incidents. Next time someone will not leave the track or will divebomb onto the inside. Do we want the sport to turn into who is more willing to take damage or risk?
It was his corner, it wasn't even close, he was half a car length ahead at the apex and owned the line.

Max is just brilliant, that's all that happened today. The better driver won.
Yes...he is the god of all drivers in F1 history. C'mon man...stop kissing verstappen ass. It makes me sick!
The penalty on Lando was a f*cking joke given by some guys that are closed in a box watching the race on the tv. They have no clue about what is happening in the real world.

Ben1980
Ben1980

Darth-Piekus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:21

I have no energy anymore.
As shown, he didn't really force him off. He was ahead at the apex and held it out.

It's messy, but this isn't a clear cut Max is bad case. It nay even be 50/50.

Darth-Piekus

Finally someone who said it as it should be.

mwillems

SilviuAgo wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:24
mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:14
FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:05

Who cares about P2?

Agreed. Max drives brilliantly but in my opinion, over the limit of what should be allowed. To me that is not clean racing and it will result in incidents. Next time someone will not leave the track or will divebomb onto the inside. Do we want the sport to turn into who is more willing to take damage or risk?
It was his corner, it wasn't even close, he was half a car length ahead at the apex and owned the line.

Max is just brilliant, that's all that happened today. The better driver won.
Yes...he is the god of all drivers in F1 history. C'mon man...stop kissing verstappen ass. It makes me sick!
The penalty on Lando was a f*cking joke given by some guys that are closed in a box watching the race on the tv. They have no clue about what is happening in the real world.
:D

Max did nothing wrong in the rules. Being sour will not change that. Nor will bring sick.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ben1980
Ben1980

Emag wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:23
Car was really bad here and bad in a peaky way as well which makes it hard to overtake. I was confident Lando wasn't going to get Max the moment I saw the pace advantage dwindle to ~0.5 instead of the 0.8-1s it started after Lando pit.

Lost so much on the mediums for some reason, although to be fair it was only Leclerc who had monster pace. Scratch that, Ferrari has been phenomenal here and they're definitely a threat for the WCC. If McLaren is not on race-leader's pace in Mexico, forget the whole WDC dream, which I have been saying it's unrealistic since the Silverstone disaster class. They actually need to be warry from behind.

As for the "racing" at the end, they should have told Lando immediately to give back the position. Stewards never favor the attacking side in that situation. If they were both off-track, but Lando kept position, Max would have gotten a penalty for pushing the driver off the track, instead of the other way around. Then he could have just chilled behind him and finish the race P4 and not risk going side by side with the divebomb freak that is Max when he is under pressure.

This season actually has just shown that Max hasn't matured at all since 2021, not as a driver at least. He keeps going for the same manoeuvres because the FIA allows it. Such a joke. Battles from all other drivers are clean and respectful, the only exception is Max. How is it normal that the entire grid needs to adapt when attacking or defending against one driver instead of it being the other way around?
Even if he gave the place back, he's accepted he overtook off the track, and Max isn't getting a penalty anyway.

The right thing was gunning it. Though if he overtook off track 2 laps earlier he would have made 5 seconds.

bauc

Bad weekend for us, we must be working on the updates on the car otherwise we will loose the top spot in the constructors as well.

However, from this race a new question in my mind has arrived, what are we going to do with Verstapen's no overtake policy? this is a repeat of Austria just no damage on the cars, he will push you wide and off the track or you will have a crash but no overtake whatsoever, and FIA is doing nothing about it. Turn 1, he did not even tried to take the corner, braked late, but both him and Lando out of track = ''easy win'' for Leclerc. Lap 55 same ---, a repeat of Austria, and why is Lando punished and Russel is not for the same situation but against Tsunoda I beleive?
Last edited by bauc on 20 Oct 2024, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg