2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Marc.W wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:10
Well if it's any consolation, Ferrari are pretty much guaranteed to take P2 in the WCC away from Red Bull, thankfully I didn't get too invested in the WDC challenge so I'm not disappointed Lando didn't clost the gap, I'm disappointed at the FIA and how Max continues to race "wheel to wheel"
Ferrari are a very real threat to McLaren as well
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

Ben1980 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:25

As shown, he didn't really force him off. He was ahead at the apex and held it out.

It's messy, but this isn't a clear cut Max is bad case. It nay even be 50/50.
As Lionheart said above Max sent Lando off the track at lap 1 and we have seen penalties from lap 1 for similar situations. Plus Max went off the track and gained an advantage in his battle against Sainz. Then Max sent Lando off the track in that penultimate lap. So 10 seconds at least. Let's not make excuses and kiss Red Bull. It was a farce.

Ben1980
Ben1980

mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:27
SilviuAgo wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:24
mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:14

It was his corner, it wasn't even close, he was half a car length ahead at the apex and owned the line.

Max is just brilliant, that's all that happened today. The better driver won.
Yes...he is the god of all drivers in F1 history. C'mon man...stop kissing verstappen ass. It makes me sick!
The penalty on Lando was a f*cking joke given by some guys that are closed in a box watching the race on the tv. They have no clue about what is happening in the real world.
:D

Max did nothing wrong in the rules. Being sour will not change that. Nor will bring sick.
Max drove very very well. They both did, it was great driving by 2 great drivers in evenly matched cars.

I'd rather it ended differently but it was good to watch.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

michl420 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:48
The only way to overtake VES is dive bomb so that he cant push you out. Since 2021 every ovetake one VES on the outside looke like this. He is always just unfair when he defends. The stewards must make a statement about that.
That is precisely what Max wants, for other drivers to dive bomb him. Tbh the kid glove treatment by the stewards of Max is going to bite them up the rear end at some point. Every time someone dive bombs Max and he defends harshly I always get a sick feeling in my stomach.

F1NAC

I don’t get Norris… he had tyre and car advantage, why not let Verstappen a bit more air through the first sector and then nail him at hairpin before the straight to have at least 0.5s gap?verstappen had bad T1 exit couple of times and Norris immediately went for attack and then lost couple of crucial tenths until the straight. Also that defence from Norris into T1 after he passed Ver outside the track was mental. In a bad way. You can’t just move into pathway of a attacking car behind on the braking….

JRindt

mwillems wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:05
basti313 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:57

Why? With the current trajectory he rather needs to look at Leclerc.
Thought it would be P1 to loose for Norris after the summer break. But now it is more likely to loose P2 to Lec than any chance on P1. Think this fish is done unfortunately.
Who cares about P2?
mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:00

But crucially not ahead at the apex. The corner is so long you can just manage the gey wide with ease and ensure the switchback won't work, as long as you are ruthlessly efficient lap after lap.

Agree that the only way to get by was on the inside.

Personally, I thought Max drove brilliantly.
Agreed. Max drives brilliantly but in my opinion, over the limit of what should be allowed. To me that is not clean racing and it will result in incidents. Next time someone will not leave the track or will divebomb onto the inside. Do we want the sport to turn into who is more willing to take damage or risk?
It was his corner, it wasn't even close, he was half a car length ahead at the apex and owned the line.

Great. Let’s just make decisions from here on by taking snapshots at the apex, completely disregarding what came before or after.

Agree that max is brilliant though, even if he goes beyond the limits.

bauc

CjC wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:29
Marc.W wrote:
Well if it's any consolation, Ferrari are pretty much guaranteed to take P2 in the WCC away from Red Bull, thankfully I didn't get too invested in the WDC challenge so I'm not disappointed Lando didn't clost the gap, I'm disappointed at the FIA and how Max continues to race "wheel to wheel"
Yes it is a roller coaster of a season, where one track favors one team, and other track favors others .... it will be a hard fight to the end.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mwillems

proteus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:08
mwillems wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:02
proteus wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:01

They can appeal, but stupidity of stewards will prevent a good result coming out of it. Stewards decided divebomb defending is legal and it just shows how they are utterly clueless about the situation. I think they want a big crash next time.
Was a tight race with Max, though, eh!
Tight indeed, and great until the incident. The problem is that he is abusing this everytime he is slower though and someone should grow a pair at FIA and do something about it.

On the other note you remember my prediction? Only Perez got me wrong a little bit :)
Aside from the max prediction you were pretty spot on.

To be fair I think I said Ferrari favourites with a tight fight with Max, so I'm taking a full point for that one 😆
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

chrisc90

Has anyone got a anthony Davison interview?

mwillems

JRindt wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:30
mwillems wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:05

Who cares about P2?

Agreed. Max drives brilliantly but in my opinion, over the limit of what should be allowed. To me that is not clean racing and it will result in incidents. Next time someone will not leave the track or will divebomb onto the inside. Do we want the sport to turn into who is more willing to take damage or risk?

Great. Let’s just make decisions from here on by taking snapshots at the apex, completely disregarding what came before or after.

Agree that max is brilliant though, even if he goes beyond the limits.
Rules are the rules. I don't agree with the rules, but it changes nothing.

Max has the same skill now as Hamilton had. Use the full width of the rules to your benefit.
Last edited by mwillems on 20 Oct 2024, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ben1980
Ben1980

CjC wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:29
Marc.W wrote:
They have been a threat fir a while, since they upgraded. Won Monza, fighting in Baku, shoukd have been fighting in Singapore but messed up in qualifying.

Emag
Emag

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:31
Has anyone got a anthony Davison interview?
As if it matters what Anthony breaks down and what he says. With rules how they are stated right now, it was a deserved penalty for Lando, they can't even protest that. Lando just shouldn't have gone past off-track, otherwise it would have been a penalty for Max.

Some amazing rule though, where the driver being attacked can just divebomb into the inside, going off-track himself, but blocking the overtake in the process.
A very popular move amongst children and ragers in the F1 game lobbies, but apparently a totally viable defense strategy at the pinnacle of motorsport as well :)

_cerber1

Oscar had a free pit stop? Why didn't we use it for the fastest lap?

Ben1980
Ben1980

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:40
Because he was getting closer to Max and could have helped out for the 5 seconds.

Problem was, Oscar was underwhelming. His performance on hards was dissapointing.

blastdoman
blastdoman

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:40
Because Óscar almost catches spoiled child