Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

I suddenly have the strange sensation.. the urge to light up and take a smoke break. Can't figure why.. it's overwhelming!
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

feynman
feynman

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

The 44, I'd guess ...

A tiny Lewis winning the Cadet Class of the 1995 Super One British Kart Championship.

raymondu999

Oh wow. So it does have a significance. Also, I was under the impression that the helmet would have a diamond "08" on the top of his helmet?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

feynman
feynman

That was just for the presentation, however the gold and diamond 08/09 laurels are still mounted on the steering wheels. Visible in the photo above.

mach11
mach11

during the free practice sessions the redbulls were having considerable pace when comapared to others... but not enough to secure pole position....
one might argue back saying that they were trying out various setups for quali and race and did not care about how fast they were... i do agree but then whatever you try out it has to show its effects in the time sheets...

Merc and ferrari were fast throughout all sessions and during quali but how come out of nowhere 2 cars with wings swoop in and take out 1 and 3 grid slots :shock: :shock: :shock: how is that????

1. During quali final session... the mercs and ferraris were late in coming out... did that affect their performance????
2. Did the redbulls run with very light fuel load???

i just cant understand this... (no offence to the performance of the redbulls and the drivers).
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Mr Alcatraz

Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 16 May 2010, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

wouldn't all cars run on fumes anyways in q3? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

Alonso's Charge

Personally I would put the over/under line that he will crash out of the race before the end of lap 5 :-({|=

lebesset
lebesset

Re: Alonso's Charge

he will go for the long strategy, start on mediums , 6 cars he can overtake should overtake some of the top 10 when they make their first pit stop
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Mr Alcatraz

Tazio wrote:
mach11 wrote:1. During quali final session... the mercs and ferraris were late in coming out... did that affect their performance????
2. Did the redbulls run with very light fuel load???

i just cant understand this... (no offence to the performance of the redbulls and the drivers).
I could be wrong on this but Bulk did come out a little late and it appeared that he ran his entire q3 on the same set of options!

lebesset
lebesset

looks like the rain will hold off until after the race
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Alonso's Charge

Alonso charge? at Monaco? :lol:

1st off there is no rain, so that means he will need to be at least 2.5 seconds quicker than guy in front to get a sniff of an overtake.
2nd Its Monaco, overtaking 1 car usually means risking a front wing or a little bang on the barrier.
He has 13 cars he needs to overtake before he can score a single point So even if he manges 6-7 and other fall off the road due to monaco's high attrition rate, he will be taking huge risks to earn small rewards.

IF there is an accident and it wipes out half the top 10, then I would say alonso is in with a chance. As it stands, Im gonna say 8th is the absolute best he can hope for if there is a low retirement rate.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

raymondu999 wrote:Does that count as using both compounds hence the driver no longer needs to pit? Looks like an F2007 to me...
A set of tyres is two front and two rear tyres all of the same specification, so no, he can't run a mix of compounds in one set and declare he's run both types.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 2-2010.pdf

I don't remember the race with the Ferrari running a mixed set of tyres. When was that and did the result stand? Maybe the clarification of what a tyre set consists of came in after that...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nacho
nacho

If he pitted after lap 1 he would anyways catch the back of the pack in I'd say five laps. Safety car is always possible in Monaco, he would have the tyre rule satisfied and could leap the pack when other would pit.

raymondu999

Anyone fancy betting on an Alonso win? :P

Is it just me, or were free practice and qualy sessions looking like they were from formula drift rather than formula 1?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法