Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
The FOZ
The FOZ

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

tok-tokkie wrote:
The FOZ wrote:From the F1 website:

Interesting bit from Joe Saward:

<snip>

Well not if his pass was exactly the same as MS = pass after SC line but before 'the line'
Interesting in that it's not been mentioned yet, one way or the other.

Although it does make a strong argument that Stefano Domenicali is a complete nincompoop...

feynman
feynman

tok-tokkie wrote:
The FOZ wrote:From the F1 website:

Interesting bit from Joe Saward:
It is worth noting that according to the timing system Fernando Alonso crossed the line at the end of the first Safety Car ahead of Karun Chandhok. Race Control either missed this, or chose to ignore it.
Well not if his pass was exactly the same as MS = pass after SC line but before 'the line'
Ha ha, dopey old Joe throwing the toys out the pram (or the steering wheel out the cockpit), when some commenters politely point out the numerous errors and incorrect assumptions he makes in that post. Commenting closed, and he tells them all to start their own blogs.

The antique media still struggling somewhat to come to terms with the new relationship with punters. Lets you know how easy and unchallenged the 'experts' had it in the past when we'd get reports from on-high a week after the fact, and feedback involved a trip to the post-office.

siskue2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJAhMwWFe0
Schumy/Alonso overtake last lap
see the video fast, before this been taken down
Download it if u know how :D

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I clearly recognize that Alonso got owned, legally, but to say that he and Ferrari were "severely embarrassed" is over the top IMO. Schumacher got a better restart, it's clear and simple as daylight to me too.

Alonso restart fail. #-o :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ringo

Good recovery by Alonso. Though shumi is an old dog and coan't be counted out.
That's revenge for Australia quali :lol:

Great race by Massa as well, i was expecting him to make a mistake.
Webber is the man of the race; he was in complete control.

Who said lewis was rude to point out his brakes were going?
How is that rude? :?
For Sure!!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

ringo wrote:...
He didn't point it out. A team member gave him the news that his breaks were degrading badly and he should take care of them or increase the rear bias. To which Hamilton responded with a bad attitude and said something along the lines of 'what the hell + some other stuff", on public radio mind you.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

toshinden
toshinden

piast9 wrote:
toshinden wrote:if the 40.13 reg is the one which is apply, does the green light should be turn on or not?
And this is the question. :) I think regulations don't say it clearly.
any reg for the light's signals?

as for ruben, what is the penalty for throwing something to the race track which can endangered other drivers? seriously, that accident was horrible.
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

nacho
nacho

I thought it would end up as a total mess with the SC pitting before the final corners when I saw the message that it's pitting, but was surprised no one tried anything much, then saw MS on 6th and RTL went to commercials.

ISLAMATRON

Barrichello said the incident had come as a shock to him, although the car's handling had been deteriorating prior to the crash.

"What happened today was a real surprise," he said. "I had such a good start but the car started to feel really strange after the pitstop.

"The steering wheel, in particular, didn't feel normal. The problem continued to get worse and then I crashed."
Maybe thats whyhe used it as a discus

Giblet
Giblet

Don't the drivers steering wheels also have light to indicate yellow, in sync with the track lights? When that light goes off, you can race so long as the line is crossed.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Maxtreeme
Maxtreeme

mx_tifosi wrote: Alonso restart fail. #-o :)
Indeed, and when Alonso realised that MS is already beside him, you can see that he accelerates so much that the back of the car slides toward the wall.
mx_tifosi wrote:
...To which Hamilton responded with a bad attitude and said something along the lines of 'what the hell + some other stuff", on public radio mind you.
"What the hell? + We are at half the race" <- surprised that he has to adjust the brake balance to save breaks from overheating.

On Barichello: isn't any driver required by the rules that in case of an incident, after exiting the car, and before leaving you must put back the steering wheel? :?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

mx_tifosi wrote:I was really shocked when Trulli 'mounted' Chandhoks car! It seriously scared me to think that it would be a [near] fatal accident, thank God that it wasn't. But Chandhok was 'bumped' right? Or did he just cover his head with his hands as a sort of natural reaction?
That was really a shocking crash i think Chandhok just put his hands up to protect himself as a instinctive reaction, he could have broken an arm or something similar if it was on purpose.

On another note, Barrichello's temper once again shows, terrible thing to do, granted he was pissed but lobbing £10,000+'s worth of equipement that wasnt damaged across the track wasnt a wise thing to do and another part Williams has to replace...

komninosm
komninosm

mx_tifosi wrote:
He didn't point it out. A team member gave him the news that his breaks were degrading badly and he should take care of them or increase the rear bias. To which Hamilton responded with a bad attitude and said something along the lines of 'what the hell + some other stuff", on public radio mind you.
I think he said something like:
"WTH, how do you expect me to catch these guys and take care of the breaks too. What do you want me to do"
I could be wrong though.

About the SC, was the track cleared at that time? I saw them take a long time to take out the second f1-car, was the debris cleared or did they simply restart the race as safe(green) because they cars would not pass by that problem area again cause of finish line being closer than incident area?
Also what are the rules about car distance behind SC? How close can you be to the car in front of you before you cross the SC line and are into racing again? Maybe Schumacher wasn't ahead of Alonso, but maybe he should have been a tiny bit more behind him at the moment they crossed that line. I don't know, I'm just asking you guys.

WhiteBlue

mx_tifosi wrote:I clearly recognize that Alonso got owned, legally, but to say that he and Ferrari were "severely embarrassed" is over the top IMO. Schumacher got a better restart, it's clear and simple as daylight to me too.

Alonso restart fail. #-o :)
I think a moderator has to be neutral to this kind of debate.

Domenicali did not know the rule book. Brawn advised his drivers one lap before the restart what they had to do and Schumi aggressively heated up his tyres behind Alonso who was in deep hibernation. He did not even recognize what Schumi was doing there because his team had not given him any warning.

Ferrari pulled off a beautiful tyre strategy and and got Alonso past nine drivers while they were pitting. He passed Button due to Button's blown engine and the six new team cars he passed legitimately on track. And then they effed it up.

My personal opinion is that "severely embarrassing" is justified.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

Lewis Hamilton wrote: What the hell! Do you want me to race these guys or look after the car?
There you go :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法