Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Intego

Re: Ferrari F10

bjpower wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote: Image

cable ties - is there anything they cant do?
Looks like they even have CB radio :wink:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Afterburner

I have the feeling that f-duct it's disrupting what we would call the normal development of F10, it seems ferrari it's gaving it too much "weight"...

TheRMVR

I'm hugely disappointed with Ferrari (dont worry I wont open a new topic :D )

They gave up last season and the 3rd place in constructors to work on this car. Now it's not a bad car, as Brundle already said it is fundementally a good car but they lack development pace. Maybe Istanbul is a one off because I still feel Alonso could've won Monaco from P1/P2. But anyway when a team as big and rich as Ferrari stop developing half way through the season you'd expect their new car to dominate. What the hell are the 600 employees doing in the factory at Maranello all day? Eating lunch? Because they're definately not working on the car, that's for sure. I don't like where Ferrari is going, bringing in Alonso was a good thing but I would reconsider Domenicali's position. Ferrari's weakness is also their strength: being one family. It just means its more difficult to throw someone out. Massa really should leave after this season, I think most of us know that, but because there is so much history between him and Ferrari, he'll probably stay.

Come on Ferrari get your act together!

Vasco

TheRMVR wrote:I'm hugely disappointed with Ferrari (dont worry I wont open a new topic :D )

They gave up last season and the 3rd place in constructors to work on this car. Now it's not a bad car, as Brundle already said it is fundementally a good car but they lack development pace. Maybe Istanbul is a one off because I still feel Alonso could've won Monaco from P1/P2. But anyway when a team as big and rich as Ferrari stop developing half way through the season you'd expect their new car to dominate. What the hell are the 600 employees doing in the factory at Maranello all day? Eating lunch? Because they're definately not working on the car, that's for sure. I don't like where Ferrari is going, bringing in Alonso was a good thing but I would reconsider Domenicali's position. Ferrari's weakness is also their strength: being one family. It just means its more difficult to throw someone out. Massa really should leave after this season, I think most of us know that, but because there is so much history between him and Ferrari, he'll probably stay.

Its funny, after the Monaco GP, the same sort of posts about McLaren were flying around.

TheRMVR

Vasco wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:I'm hugely disappointed with Ferrari (dont worry I wont open a new topic :D )

Its funny, after the Monaco GP, the same sort of posts about McLaren were flying around.
That is unfair, McLaren started the season clearly behind Ferrari and now they seem to be in front. And Mercedes is on the back of Ferrari. Anyway you can clearly see some progress on the McLaren car but the only thing that keeps Ferrari busy is that stupid F-duct.

timbo
timbo

TheRMVR wrote:That is unfair, McLaren started the season clearly behind Ferrari and now they seem to be in front. And Mercedes is on the back of Ferrari. Anyway you can clearly see some progress on the McLaren car but the only thing that keeps Ferrari busy is that stupid F-duct.
Agreed. Somebody clearly overestimated its significance.
Same story as in Barcelona, and it seems again that F-duct only hurt them.
Gotta check onboard footage. Could they go 8 flat?

TheRMVR

timbo wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:That is unfair, McLaren started the season clearly behind Ferrari and now they seem to be in front. And Mercedes is on the back of Ferrari. Anyway you can clearly see some progress on the McLaren car but the only thing that keeps Ferrari busy is that stupid F-duct.
No, so far the RedBull is the only car to take 8 flat.

timbo
timbo

TheRMVR wrote:No, so far the RedBull is the only car to take 8 flat.
Renault could do that too.

Afterburner

Clearly ferrari needs something on the aero department, they're miles away from RBR, Mclaren and even renault and mercedes in terms of fast development, at such speed at the end of the championship they will only be racing with FI.

adam2007
adam2007

TheRMVR wrote:
timbo wrote:
No, so far the RedBull is the only car to take 8 flat.
how do you know have you viewd their telemetry? i dont think so

FLC
FLC

They need to work on using those harder compound tyres better. That seems to be their biggest problem in my view. Will be interesting to see how the F10 goes in Montreal: fast track with the super-soft and medium tyres. Maybe that will give us some answers.

PlatinumZealot

I think they put too much into the F-duct, while mclaren are focusing on the rest of the car. The F10's top speed wasn't even up to snuff on this track. Lets hope the updates for Canada are big ones.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

TheRMVR

No, so far the RedBull is the only car to take 8 flat.[/quote]

how do you know have you viewd their telemetry? i dont think so[/quote]

Martin Brundle said that. Also in the interview with Button, Jenson said that he was amazed that Webber could take turn 8 flat. Mercedes can't take it flat, Ferrari can't take it flat, Button said they can't take it flat. Timbo says Renault could also take it flat, Im not sure, Ill check the onboard footage.

marcush.
marcush.

flat yes..but didn´t they change up a gear thenafter the corner?

noname
noname

TheRMVR wrote:Anyway you can clearly see some progress on the McLaren car but the only thing that keeps Ferrari busy is that stupid F-duct.
it reminds me last season when Ferrari (and few other teams) put a lot of efforts into KERS... seems like red team is strongly believing one great solution could jump them forward, when in fact there are a lot of systems in the car requiring constant development.