2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TAG

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

It's an odd place for the front wing to break on Daniil's car. You'd think that it would have broken off at the thinnest part of the wing upright mount but it broke clear at the top, the thickest part. :?:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Vary
Vary

TAG wrote:It's an odd place for the front wing to break on Daniil's car. You'd think that it would have broken off at the thinnest part of the wing upright mount but it broke clear at the top, the thickest part. :?:
Actually, how did he break it? Only By going out Of track?

danielk
danielk

Rosbergs seems to be very Very Happy about the rain :D

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Maybe Merc said "well, we've done most of our work, all we need now is rain for a quick stint on the inters". :lol:

Not great planning from RB to be running a rookie without a couple of front wings in stock!

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Merc and Williams seem nailed on at last corner - mid corner and traction on exit. Ferrari good also. RB looks very nervous in the same place. Sauber not great corner exit.

Renault engines strike me as much quieter than Merc and Ferrari. Merc does sound quite different from last year. Any news on exhaust layout - have they moved from log system? Could it be that Merc have gone one way and Renault the other?

Giblet
Giblet

Alexgtt wrote:Maybe Merc said "well, we've done most of our work, all we need now is rain for a quick stint on the inters". :lol:

Not great planning from RB to be running a rookie without a couple of front wings in stock!
To be fair Kvyat has been an F1 racer for an entire season, he is no longer a rookie.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Giblet wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Maybe Merc said "well, we've done most of our work, all we need now is rain for a quick stint on the inters". :lol:

To be fair Kvyat has been an F1 racer for an entire season, he is no longer a rookie.
Good point but you get my drift. :wink:

Crabbia
Crabbia

Alexgtt wrote:
Giblet wrote:

Good point but you get my drift. :wink:
Vergne must be thinking " I told you so..."
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Phil

Looks like Mercedes is still not running after their problem with the water system roughly 1.5 hours ago...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

AnthonyG

Phil wrote:Looks like Mercedes is still not running after their problem with the water system roughly 1.5 hours ago...
I was allready worried they designed a car that wasn't pushing the limits far enough, glad they had.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Vasconia

Still too early to be worried with Mclaren. But 5 laps in the second day is not good and is quite fustrating when you see that even Lotus is doing more laps.

GPR-A duplicate2

Felipe Nasr in Sauber, just did 1m21.867s on a set of Soft. Last year, the best time of Sauber was set by Adrian Sutil on 3rd day of the test, a 01:30.161s. That is almost 9 seconds with still a difference on Soft and Super Soft !!! The Ferrari Engine is clearly showing great signs as it cannot be simply all chassis for Sauber, especially considering their financial struggles.

Juzh

Vasconia wrote:Still too early to be worried with Mclaren. But 5 laps in the second day is not good and is quite fustrating when you see that even Lotus is doing more laps.
Lotus uses a heavily tested field winning PU which actually works, unlike last year's renault. Why wouldn't they be doing laps?

dren

Merc is done for the day. Water leak on a failed part.
Honda!

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

WILLIAMS RACING ‏@WilliamsRacing 1m1 minute ago
Interrupting Pat to let you know its raining so @ValtteriBottas has jumped out. Must be the @MercedesAMGF1 water leak :)