2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mikeerfol

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

It's a doping test according to AMuS.

Chene_Mostert

SidSidney wrote:Predicitons for today?

- Hamilton / Mercedes sets a time early on that blows Ferrari away.
- McLaren gets the engine running but struggles in other departments, lots of integration/packaging issues
- Ferrari starts to drop down the timesheets as others start to wind it up
- Lotus disappoints

Hopefully you never put your money were your mouth is, Also never wager your house. :wink:
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

MercedesAMGSpy

Disappointing to see McLaren wasting two days. You would expect a better start after they had the Abu Dhabi test to fix their problems.

It shows me what a masterpiece the Mercedes engine is. Mercedes came straight out of the blocks in 2014.

Phil

Richard wrote:
Juzh wrote:At this point mclaren/honda are looking increasingly like red bull/renault in 2014.
Oh no, they're doomed! This is terrible! ..... Hang on second, how did last season play out for RB?
While this is true, I'm still a bit concerned. After all, one of the major differences to last year is that this year, Honda is the only one who is new to the party - whereas last year, it was a new game for all of them. Of course, on the upside, we might be just seeing the result of an extremly complex and package that is on the limit - and it's all about bringing it together. Still, run time is valuable and important - and at the moment, they are being held back and not gathering much data at all, while all other teams are. At least last year, Renault was still gathering intel as they had 3 teams running their PUs, although with limited runs.

I really hope they can sort out what ever is keeping them, because as much as I like Mercedes as a team, I really want the field to close and want to see McLaren/Honda doing well.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Juzh

Richard wrote:
Juzh wrote:At this point mclaren/honda are looking increasingly like red bull/renault in 2014.
Oh no, they're doomed! This is terrible! ..... Hang on second, how did last season play out for RB?
I'm not dooming anyone. For exactly those reasons.

dans79

Phil wrote:
I really hope they can sort out what ever is keeping them, because as much as I like Mercedes as a team, I really want the field to close and want to see McLaren/Honda doing well.
Personally, I'm hoping Merc obliterates the competition, because close races are bad for my health...
201 105 104 9 9 7

radosav
radosav

Phil wrote:
Richard wrote:
While this is true, I'm still a bit concerned. After all, one of the major differences to last year is that this year, Honda is the only one who is new to the party - whereas last year, it was a new game for all of them. Of course, on the upside, we might be just seeing the result of an extremly complex and package that is on the limit - and it's all about bringing it together. Still, run time is valuable and important - and at the moment, they are being held back and not gathering much data at all, while all other teams are. At least last year, Renault was still gathering intel as they had 3 teams running their PUs, although with limited runs.

Maybe being only team that uses Honda engine is better for Mclaren because all Honda engineers are working on Mclaren car !

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
Richard wrote:
They had their worse season in over 5 years, they lost both crowns, their star man left for the rivals and they signed a rookie to replace him. So it depends what way you look at it really.
True! And they still managed to end up 2nd..... :wink:
And if I am correct, they were the only other team to win races..

George-Jung
George-Jung

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Disappointing to see McLaren wasting two days. You would expect a better start after they had the Abu Dhabi test to fix their problems.

It shows me what a masterpiece the Mercedes engine is. Mercedes came straight out of the blocks in 2014.
How do you know they have wasted two days? Perhaps they have learned lots of important stuff..

dans79

George-Jung wrote: And if I am correct, they were the only other team to win races..
That was more luck (or lack of it for Merc), than it was merit.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Dixo

Anyway, McL has at least the best fuel consumption, only ten litres within two days :)

ollandos
ollandos

any video of mclaren laps today?.....

ollandos
ollandos

ollandos wrote:any video of mclaren laps today?.....
i find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHszzOCOw-M

...xmxmxmx .. slightly better...today.....

MercedesAMGSpy

George-Jung wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Disappointing to see McLaren wasting two days. You would expect a better start after they had the Abu Dhabi test to fix their problems.

How do you know they have wasted two days? Perhaps they have learned lots of important stuff..
They have completed 12 laps in 2 days, I think they want to drive in Jerez, educated guess.

Earnard Beccelstone
Earnard Beccelstone

Testing, as they say, is testing.

I’m not willing to write off RedBull or McLaren Honda out of the championship just yet, despite the troubles both have experienced in the first two days.

Mercedes robot-like approach to the first test session is somewhat ominous. Even with the water leak, they’ve completed almost 250 laps/1100 km of testing.

Ferrari has surprised me a little – both pace and consistency. I’m not a fan, but it’s always nice to have Ferrari up the front, regardless of who is driving for them. Still, I expect that they’ll manage a way to cock it up during the season.

I get the feeling that Sauber might be running higher than their relative position in the push to get another sponsor or two over the line. It wouldn’t surprise me if they went for an all-out glory run early on Day 4, in an attempt to top the overall times for the first test and raise their media exposure temporarily.

Williams has been a little disappointing. But testing is like their Fridays. They’re more interested in set-up and sorting the car rather than pushing for ultimate pace. I expect that they’ll only turn the wick up towards the end of the second Barcelona test.

It’s early days yet and relative pace won’t be properly revealed until Q3 in Melbourne is over and done with.