2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

So whats up with Redbull today? only 5 laps so far. Toro Rosso are running well so this cant be a Renault issue

*edit, apparently it is an engine issue http://www.f1today.net/en/live/2015/02/ ... o-de-jerez
Last edited by the EDGE on 03 Feb 2015, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder

@the_EDGE: AMuS reports Problems with the PU.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

the EDGE
the EDGE

Thunders wrote:@the_EDGE: AMuS reports Problems with the PU.
yes thanks, i just found out too :wink:

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

ismail1991 wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Merc broken down. There's hope out there for the others! Still not knocked out all their reliability gremlins although it is a new car and early testing.
While others can't pass 50 laps, Mercedes being broken down after 90 laps does not mean hope for others in my opinion
I know, it was a little tongue in cheek. :wink:

I come back to Scarbs, anyone speculate as to what he's spotted?

Felipe 92

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/562595537161949185 Well, it`s a progress, they made 32 laps today.

MercedesAMGSpy

AUTOSPORT Live ‏@autosportlive 3m3 minutes ago
McLaren's progress on day three has been halted. The MP4-30 is out for the day after developing a problem. #F1

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Glad they got some laps in. Coolant leak on a new engine not such a bad problem. Would be much more of a concern if running temps were an issue. That tight rear end should stay on the McLaren...........at least until there are representative ambient temps.

f1316
f1316

Alexgtt wrote:
ismail1991 wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Merc broken down. There's hope out there for the others! Still not knocked out all their reliability gremlins although it is a new car and early testing.
While others can't pass 50 laps, Mercedes being broken down after 90 laps does not mean hope for others in my opinion
I know, it was a little tongue in cheek. :wink:

I come back to Scarbs, anyone speculate as to what he's spotted?
Well, to speculate based on absolutely nothing but to pass the time: I'm going for teams using the emergency light to channel exhaust gases to the diffuser in some way :)

the EDGE
the EDGE

Alexgtt wrote:Glad they got some laps in. Coolant leak on a new engine not such a bad problem. Would be much more of a concern if running temps were an issue. That tight rear end should stay on the McLaren...........at least until there are representative ambient temps.
Did Alonso get any Slick tyre running in or was it all on inters this morning?

bauc

the EDGE wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Glad they got some laps in. Coolant leak on a new engine not such a bad problem. Would be much more of a concern if running temps were an issue. That tight rear end should stay on the McLaren...........at least until there are representative ambient temps.
Did Alonso get any Slick tyre running in or was it all on inters this morning?
Alonso did not run on slicks today
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

f1316 wrote:Ok thanks. I had seen the Greek one yeah but it was the one blanchimont posted that I meant.
Try this one?

http://www.f1today.net/en/live/2015/02/ ... o-de-jerez

the EDGE
the EDGE

bauc wrote:Alonso did not run on slicks today
its a shame for them they couldn't get out this afternoon for some dry running before the water-leak, I was looking forward to seeing them start to turn it up, but probably not as much as they were. I guess that I will have to wait until tomorrow now. But great for them to have overcome their issues from days 1&2.

This latest stop is going to put them a little behind on mileage compared to Mercedes and Ferrari powered teams from 2014 but I don't see that as any real concern at this stage. We know it can take nearly the whole of winter testing to get the PU running properly then still be competitive in Melbourne, the important thing is how much HP the PU produces when it is running

Total laps run - by team: 2014
1. Mercedes, 309
2. Ferrari, 251
3. McLaren (Mercedes), 245
4. Williams (Mercedes), 175
5. Sauber (Ferrari), 163
6. Force India (Mercedes), 146
7. Caterham (Renault), 76
8. Toro Rosso (Renault), 54
9. Marussia (Ferrari), 30
10. Red Bull (Renault), 21

Vasconia

the EDGE wrote:
bauc wrote:Alonso did not run on slicks today
its a shame for them they couldn't get out this afternoon for some dry running before the water-leak, I was looking forward to seeing them start to turn it up, but probably not as much as they were. I guess that I will have to wait until tomorrow now. But great for them to have overcome their issues from days 1&2.

This latest stop is going to put them a little behind on mileage compared to Mercedes and Ferrari powered teams from 2014 but I don't see that as any real concern at this stage. We know it can take nearly the whole of winter testing to get the PU running properly then still be competitive in Melbourne, the important thing is how much HP the PU produces when it is running

Total laps run - by team: 2014
1. Mercedes, 309
2. Ferrari, 251
3. McLaren (Mercedes), 245
4. Williams (Mercedes), 175
5. Sauber (Ferrari), 163
6. Force India (Mercedes), 146
7. Caterham (Renault), 76
8. Toro Rosso (Renault), 54
9. Marussia (Ferrari), 30
10. Red Bull (Renault), 21
What at least Mclaren has done more laps in one day than RB during the hole winter testing of 2014.

I havent seen so many images of this morning. But according to a Spanish website the Mclaren has behaved quite nervously in the corners. Is this true?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zagor
zagor

Not sure how much to read into this but just maybe.....

Bild newspaper said team chairman Niki Lauda accompanied Mercedes designers Andy Cowell and Aldo Costa to a trackside vantage point on Monday. "I wanted them to see just how fast the new Ferrari is going through the corners