2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mclaren111

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Grand Prix Times:
Button was behind the wheel for the days running where it's believed the car ran more reliably than in Jerez, though the team haven't confirmed the distance it completed.
Sounds positive to me :D

jericho

This doesn't:
f1talks.pl ‏@f1talks 5 min5 minuten geleden

El Mundo Deportivo: "barely half a dozen laps"; AS: "two laps all day"; Marca: "showed no clear signs of improvement". #F1
0 antwoorden 2 retweets 1 favoriet

Vasconia

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

NathanOlder wrote:I will keep you updated 8)
Good luck man, if it rains a testing day can be veeeeeeeery long. Start thinking about a special dinner. :D

Very few laps for Mclaren, but if it is true thay they have planned a second filming day it could be not so bad.

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

Thunder

jericho wrote:This doesn't:

El Mundo Deportivo: "barely half a dozen laps"; AS: "two laps all day"; Marca: "showed no clear signs of improvement". #F1
It is a filming/promotional Day. I wonder what People expect to see? Full Race Distances? There are only minor things you can check.

Plus various sources claim at least 10 Laps. Plus who was even attending at BRC to gather Information first hand? This is worse than analyse Laptimes on the actual Tests.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

iotar__

Thunders wrote:
jericho wrote:This doesn't:

It is a filming/promotional Day. I wonder what People expect to see? Full Race Distances? There are only minor things you can check.

Plus various sources claim at least 10 Laps. Plus who was even attending at BRC to gather Information first hand? This is worse than analyse Laptimes on the actual Tests.
1. No, it's not a promotional day, it's an additional testing day and timing of it is not accidental. Days before crucial pre-season test and after bad Jerez one.
2. I would expect them to run 100% of laps allocated for such test over two days.
3. Low number of laps on the first day might be explained by the fact they can't change the set up. So, purely speculating, they put some changes on the car on the first day, see if they work, add some more and run more laps on the second one. Unless they can't change a lot between the two days. Other explanation: they couldn't run.

Thunder

But we don't even know how many laps they did. Every source reports different numbers. And now the doom & gloom already starts again. It's getting really tiresome.

Edit: https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/567619371452084224 I think i should stay out of the Forum until Thursday.....

Edit2: This is the wrong Thread for that discussion.
#aerogollum

iotar__

NathanOlder wrote:Are many people attending this test? I am taking my Wife to Spain to see this one. First time I will be going to a test. Can't wait
You romantic. If F1 test isn't the best place for couples I don't know what is.

:wink:

jericho

I think it's no secret they have problems with the new car + Honda power. Things will get better! It's a new engine, so it will take some time..

Andres125sx

Did I read somewhere Honda was going to test different engines before homologating because they had three different concepts and didn´t know what will be better?

Considering first day testing a new PU it´s mainly installing laps and no real pushing, a filming day could be a very good chance to do the intalation laps for a new PU

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:Did I read somewhere Honda was going to test different engines before homologating because they had three different concepts and didn´t know what will be better?

Considering first day testing a new PU it´s mainly installing laps and no real pushing, a filming day could be a very good chance to do the intalation laps for a new PU
Yes, they were going to test three different configuration for the engine. I wonder how different they are because even Honda cant invest so much money to develop three different project until the final stage of each project.

NathanOlder

iotar__ wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Are many people attending this test? I am taking my Wife to Spain to see this one. First time I will be going to a test. Can't wait
You romantic. If F1 test isn't the best place for couples I don't know what is.

:wink:

Still in the honeymoon period, so I have to take advantage while I still can :)

Looking like Rain on Sat, so may have to spend that day in the City.
Hopefully we get dry running on the other 3 days though.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

godlameroso

Anyone think they'll breach into the 1:20's? Last year's pole time was a 1:25.232, granted it was quite warm that day so of course the cars and the track itself would be quite a bit slower than in the relatively cool weather we're currently having would allow. Still if we take 2013, which had the most advanced versions of the exhaust blown diffuser cars, the fastest time in pre-season testing was a 1:20.130, and the pole lap was set by the same person (N.Rosberg) was a 1:20.718, less than .6 seconds slower. If we apply the same logic here, the fastest time at the test should definitely be within +/- one second of the fastest car's ultimate pace. With such limited testing it's almost insane to not at least push the car to it's limit at least once, Mercedes did last year.
Saishū kōnā

Thunder

Live Coverage from AMuS. (German)

http://ticker.auto-motor-und-sport.de/
#aerogollum