Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Redragon

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

bonjon1979 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 21:53
I said this would happen all along. They reached a number the claimant was happy with, and the whole thing has gone away. Simples.
Giving the accuser the right to appeal the decision, feels not money have been paid to her/him. Otherwise would be fully closed the case.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Redragon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 22:17
bonjon1979 wrote:
I said this would happen all along. They reached a number the claimant was happy with, and the whole thing has gone away. Simples.
Giving the accuser the right to appeal the decision, feels not money have been paid to her/him. Otherwise would be fully closed the case.
It’s just process though - of course they’ll say that. The accuser could show the world the messages if they wanted to, but I doubt they will. I’d bet everything that they’ve been paid off, had to hand over their devices and signed an NDA. We won’t hear another peep about it.

Wouter

Arunvignesh Lakshmikanthan = Red Bull employee at the Milton Keyes factory:

Arunvignesh Lakshmikanthan said on X that Christian Horner gave a speech to the staff at the Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Powertrains factory on Tuesday evening, in which he made it clear that he would come out of this stronger. He then received a standing ovation from all employees.

Arunvignesh Lakshmikanthan: "I believed in him! It was hard to see him at the debriefing yesterday!
The pain in his eyes and the damage has already been done! :cry:
But super happy that the whole factory cheered and applauded for him when he said he was coming back!
He's going to cook [do a great job]," said the Red Bull Powertrains ERS test engineer.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 18:04
AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:50
Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 17:37
Full statement
😂😂😂

“The investigation report is confidential”
In a professional world, that's what happens, as legally required by laws of the land.
Exactly.

This happened to me about 20 years ago, except the situation was reversed, I was accused of inappropriate behaviour by a female manager (she was more senior than me) in a different part of the company I worked for.

The only other difference was, I got a weeks paid holiday while the investigation was carried out before I was cleared of wrong doing.

I still to this day have no f’n clue why she really raised a complaint against me.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

I have to ask now about the other side of the coin. horner and family have had so much stress and concern over something he has been found innocent of.
Does the person bringing the charge now just carry on as normal, shrug and say Oh well. Then back to normal life? If the charge was about stressing or making them uncomfortable, surely they, and whoever released it to the press should now face equal charges?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djos

Big Tea wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 23:41
I have to ask now about the other side of the coin. horner and family have had so much stress and concern over something he has been found innocent of.
Does the person bringing the charge now just carry on as normal, shrug and say Oh well. Then back to normal life? If the charge was about stressing or making them uncomfortable, surely they, and whoever released it to the press should now face equal charges?
Here in Australia, we have legislation broadly covering false accusations. You can get up to 7 years in jail if convicted. But I’ve no idea how often this remedy option is used.

https://www.thedefenders.com.au/crimina ... 0in%20gaol.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

djos wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 23:47
Big Tea wrote:
Here in Australia, we have legislation broadly covering false accusations. You can get up to 7 years in jail if convicted. But I’ve no idea how often this remedy option is used.
More that the accusation is the release of it into the public domain with no "cover story". Smacks of a set up

djos

Big Tea wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 23:48
djos wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 23:47
Big Tea wrote:
More that the accusation is the release of it into the public domain with no "cover story". Smacks of a set up
Agreed, it smacks of a smear campaign.
"In downforce we trust"

Cs98
Cs98

Big Tea wrote:
Maybe if you could prove it was a false allegation. But proving an allegation is false requires evidence too. It doesn't logically follow that just because there wasn't enough evidence to prove that an allegation was true it must necessarily be false. Sometimes you simply don't know either way, and then it would be wrong to act on either party. Which just highlights the importance of keeping proceedings like this strictly confidential, because there isn't always a satisfactory clear cut "good" outcome. The fact that this leaked from RB GmbH is just atrocious.

Big Tea

Cs98 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 23:54
Big Tea wrote:
Maybe if you could prove it was a false allegation. But proving an allegation is false requires evidence too. It doesn't logically follow that just because there wasn't enough evidence to prove that an allegation was true it must necessarily be false. Sometimes you simply don't know either way, and then it would be wrong to act on either party. Which just highlights the importance of keeping proceedings like this strictly confidential, because there isn't always a satisfactory clear cut "good" outcome. The fact that this leaked from RB GmbH is just atrocious.
Horner was named by someone concerned before an investigation. That should be enough to at least get them started

Edit- for clarity, I am not a big Horner fan, just think it unfair

Watto
Watto

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:59
mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:56
Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 19:54

I supplied it to you.
That's a report, like so many other false reports. Red Bull never made any statements about it. If I own a website, i would even write Geri hired him.
Well then there's another publication that can be sued for a lucrative defamation suit.
Don't see any disputes from Red Bull on the report though.
I doubt that would be something you could sue for anyway as its not really damaging someones reputation. But I haven't seen any official source saying that was the case.

The concern I have with just reading the media with this is the whole thing changed as it went on. First it was about controlling behavior with the report saying it wasn't of a sexual nature. Then it moved to inappropriate with a sexual nature. then in recent days the media saying the report had no details of 'sexting' or what ever. A few days ago Horner was going to be sacked with Wheatley taking over now its CH has been cleared. Very hard to know in all what was is fact and what is not as very little of it is confirmed.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Well, posted on Autosport Forum by a user called Thursday

BBC Chequered Flag podcast on this subject https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hfm7fc
On it they say the allegations are common knowledge in the paddock but the BBC cant even mention them. This makes me think there is an injunction in place which could go some way to explaining the discrepancy between the British and Dutch reporting of the complaint.

They also ended with a cheeky question of who will go to the podium to collect the constructors trophy. Will they send a woman? Will it be Horner?

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

bonjon1979 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 22:23
Redragon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 22:17
bonjon1979 wrote:
It’s just process though - of course they’ll say that. The accuser could show the world the messages if they wanted to, but I doubt they will. I’d bet everything that they’ve been paid off, had to hand over their devices and signed an NDA. We won’t hear another peep about it.
Yep thats my suspicion as well.

CHT
CHT

Cs98 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
I believe it's the plaintiff who needs to substantiate the case before the matter can go to court. Can't possibly be the other way around because making false accusations requires no thinking or evidence.

I believe there may be some truth but the case may have been exaggerated.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Big Tea wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 00:02
Cs98 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Horner was named by someone concerned before an investigation. That should be enough to at least get them started

Edit- for clarity, I am not a big Horner fan, just think it unfair
Well, this is a difficult situation, you have to be very careful to if thoughts are go after the victim/complainer. Harvey Weinstein got away with abuse cause of his power, that if you even thought about making a complaint your career was destroyed, there was the story of him trying it on with Ioan Gruffudd wife, asking her to join him in the bathroom, when she rejected him, she was told "never again considered for a Weinstein film, and neither was Ioan"
so, people must not be punished for reporting on the powerful.