2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

SiLo wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:35
WaikeCU wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 16:38
When Max refers to the fans that voted him as DOTD as people that actually know what F1 is... then that works both ways I think. In that way I think FIA have communicated as they will take action when it happens.
As a fan of the sport for longer than Max has been alive, that comment just annoyed me. He's 24 now, he needs to grow up and realise that his dad, Horner and Marko are not good people to have around him.
Who are you to judge that?! Do you know these people personally?
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

WaikeCU wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:33
basti313 wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:27
WaikeCU wrote:
Quite funny I posted something about the Dutch pundits and it gets taken off here, all the while some others are talking about pundits as well.

Surely one can't talk about it as a reason why FIA are thinking that point deduction can be done when actions are questionable on track. If media brainwashes fans into thinking that these questionable actions on track are all allowed and a way to win the championship in the end, then one should be questioned how likely the possibility there is to such thing to happen.

When Max refers to the fans that voted him as DOTD as people that actually know what F1 is... then that works both ways I think. In that way I think FIA have communicated as they will take action when it happens.
Well, I do not know....the last pages are again covered with how bad Max is by Ham fans. Talking about dutch in this sense is just disgusting they way most of these posts are. The Max fans are surprisingly quiet to be honest, maybe because they know there is no realistic chance. Maybe Ham fans could calm down as well, the situation who will win is clear.

I think the FIA communication is really bad. One can communicate like this internally. And not even this is good. As we know that Ham is without fault I see more danger with him divebombing Ves than Ves Ham with this announcement. Maybe we are lucky and the two just crash each other out in the first corner and we see a nice race in Formula 1.5.
FIA communication? I think these rules about deduction of points only apply to car 33 and 44 as we speak.

Can you imagine rules only applicable to two competitors?
I do not see that it was communicated like this.
But I would not mind if they disqualify both and just give the title to someone else second best.
SiLo wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
As a fan of the sport for longer than Max has been alive, that comment just annoyed me. He's 24 now, he needs to grow up and realise that his dad, Horner and Marko are not good people to have around him.
Yes, take Toto into the team of a$holes and as above...disqualify Merc and RedBull also for 22 and give us a nice season in 22. [-o<
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:43
Max has been very public and very vocal in saying that he thinks forcing people off the road, divebombing in to corners and taking the place by cutting the chicane, etc., is all "racing" in his view. He uses these tactics and thinks these tactics are ok. Masi is reminding him (and all the others, naturally) that it is not "racing".
So was Ham when he divebombed Rosberg or drove off Max in the last corner last week.
Good point. As I said, if they crash each other and get both DSQ for the season this would help. It would not hit an innocent.
Don`t russel the hamster!

El Scorchio

From the BBC:

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen says he is treated differently to other drivers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59593834

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:46
SiLo wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
One could say, who are you to judge otherwise? No more, or less qualified.

Roo
Roo

DChemTech wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 15:53
Shrieker wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 15:34
DChemTech wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 15:29
If Max is eliminated by a Hamilton mistake (Silverstone), Max should have gotten out of the way.
This gets brought up again and again and again by Maxi fans, but it has been analysed and debunked here. If you think solely on the assumption that Hamilton was to blame there, then sure, your point stands.

But as things are, you're basing your opinion on a false premise.
I am not going to the debate the content of that incident (again), this is not the place for that. What I am signaling here though is that this analysis, which you seem to present as rational and unbiased, is being argued by someone that I consistently see taking the side of Hamilton in every discussion. Most of the Max fans (sure, not all), that are being extremely critical of Lewis and very lenient with respect to Max, at least acknowledge Max' mistakes - the same does not apply to the reverse. Also note that there is a difference between intent and blame - I am not arguing, and never will, that Lewis deliberately hit Max in Silverstone. That is also quite different when it comes to Lewis' fans arguing about Max.
There is a difference; lets start with "I am not arguing, and never will, that Lewis deliberately hit Max in Silverstone" The notion that Lewis hit Max at all is questionable. That isn't debating the incident, it's pointing out bias.

The constant in all these is that MV divebombs, and seems to come from a position that no matter where he starts the dive from the corner is his and even tthe run off areas of the track is his. While those that own the corner arent allowed to own it. SA was MV doing that, and the brake test. I listenned to Billy Monger, it's not even funny to appear to weaponise the car...

LH is not on the level on MV with what he does. MV is embarassing to humanity.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Roo wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:17
DChemTech wrote:
Shrieker wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 15:34

This gets brought up again and again and again by Maxi fans, but it has been analysed and debunked here. If you think solely on the assumption that Hamilton was to blame there, then sure, your point stands.

But as things are, you're basing your opinion on a false premise.
I am not going to the debate the content of that incident (again), this is not the place for that. What I am signaling here though is that this analysis, which you seem to present as rational and unbiased, is being argued by someone that I consistently see taking the side of Hamilton in every discussion. Most of the Max fans (sure, not all), that are being extremely critical of Lewis and very lenient with respect to Max, at least acknowledge Max' mistakes - the same does not apply to the reverse. Also note that there is a difference between intent and blame - I am not arguing, and never will, that Lewis deliberately hit Max in Silverstone. That is also quite different when it comes to Lewis' fans arguing about Max.
There is a difference; lets start with "I am not arguing, and never will, that Lewis deliberately hit Max in Silverstone" The notion that Lewis hit Max at all is questionable. That isn't debating the incident, it's pointing out bias.

The constant in all these is that MV divebombs, and seems to come from a position that no matter where he starts the dive from the corner is his and even tthe run off areas of the track is his. While those that own the corner arent allowed to own it. SA was MV doing that, and the brake test. I listenned to Billy Monger, it's not even funny to appear to weaponise the car...

Thanks for exhibiting my point :)

El Scorchio

DChemTech wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:22
Roo wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

But if you're making the point of bias by other forum users, there is also a pretty clear one running through most of what you post on here too, whether you see it or not, so it seems a bit disingenuous to call other people out for something you are also guilty of but just from an alternative viewpoint.

langedweil

My oh my, it gets wilder by the minute in this thread ..
Beacons are set by Merc, RB, FIA and even the media, can we just chill down and have some race chatter ?
Neither of the parties involved are saints, let's wrap this season up in style !
HuggaWugga !

Wouter

El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:54
Wouter wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Where do you see me judging these people? I don't know them, so I can't en will not judge them.
The Power of Dreams!

basti313 wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:50
Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:43
Max has been very public and very vocal in saying that he thinks forcing people off the road, divebombing in to corners and taking the place by cutting the chicane, etc., is all "racing" in his view. He uses these tactics and thinks these tactics are ok. Masi is reminding him (and all the others, naturally) that it is not "racing".
So was Ham when he divebombed Rosberg or drove off Max in the last corner last week.
Good point. As I said, if they crash each other and get both DSQ for the season this would help. It would not hit an innocent.
Last week, VER - much like the majority of VER moves, was not ahead into the corner. He wasn’t even alongside, he made up the distance deficit under braking. VER should have zero expectations of space given those parameters and HAM should be allowed to drive the line he wants.

Masi is a coward and used the opportunity to rail on Ron Meadows, because Ron was rightly giving him a hard time over the brake testing incident.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

SiLo

Wouter wrote:
SiLo wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
I don't have to know them to see what is blindingly obvious. He's in an echo chamber where he can do no wrong. Other drivers coming out and disagreeing with these sort of statements is quite telling.
Felipe Baby!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:31
El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:54
Wouter wrote:

Where do you see me judging these people? I don't know them, so I can't en will not judge them.
You are doing that by virtue of the statement you made in reply to SiLo. You clearly disagree with his view. If you had no conflicting judgement then you wouldn't have been compelled to pull another user up on theirs.

DChemTech
DChemTech

El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:29
DChemTech wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:22
Roo wrote:

But if you're making the point of bias by other forum users, there is also a pretty clear one running through most of what you post on here too, whether you see it or not, so it seems a bit disingenuous to call other people out for something you are also guilty of but just from an alternative viewpoint.
I don't deny that I have a favorite and that having bias is pretty much an unavoidable result. Bias in itself doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the extent towards which it occurs, in that there appears to be a group of users (and press-representatives) that, by default, blames any incident between Lewis and Max on Max, and in many cases ascribe intent to it. This is not 'giving Lewis the benefit of doubt in unclear cases', it goes further - it goes as far as to basically pose that Lewis is without flaws. An octogod, if you will.
I fully admit that I will give Max the benefit of doubt, but in case there is no doubt, I will accept his role in an incident. As such, I do think that he is predominantly to blame for the incidents at SA, but I do find it troublesome that there is a lot of framing as if it was malice by default. I do think Max could have avoided Silverstone (and might have been the wiser if he did so), but I do not regard him as the one to blame for the unintentional contact there - just as much as I do regard him to be the one to blame for the unintentional contact in Monza.

I am also not denying that there are people in the RB camp that behave as if Max can do no wrong at all. But what I do see is that those are more readily being called out for it that the ones that take a similar position on Hamilton.

Shrieker

El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:52
From the BBC:

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen says he is treated differently to other drivers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59593834
At this point, he is either trolling, or really, really, really delusional.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk