2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 28 - 30

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
InsaneX_Badger

Re: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 28 - 30

Is Hans Zimmer doing the score for the Brad Pitt film? I wonder if this is part of the contract/ helping him with the score, he's always tried to get into the feeling of the worlds he helps create.

renault rs26
renault rs26

djones wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:26
George better not cheer like he won this in merit!
He obviously doesn't care about Hamilton fans.

InsaneX_Badger

Anyway, the gloves are off now at Silverstone. Let's hope Lando can give Max his Hakkinen-Schumacher moment and give him a bit more respect on track.

DChemTech
DChemTech

fourmula1 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:45
It’s so easy for them not to touch in that moment. Thats the issue. Its so --- easy to not crash. Lando was outside parallel to the track. Max moved left to try and pressure and over stepped. It is that simple. If you race and put yourselves in the cars you know exactly what happened.
I just reviewed the helicopter view. Max was slightly pointing left at the start of the breaking zone but with plenty room on the left still. He did not change directions from thereon, but turned in quite late. Lando started turning in earlier and hit Max' left rear and puncturing it, after which it was game over.
For all the weaving going on before, I didn't see it here - it just seems Lando expected Max to turn in earlier, and he didn't.

michl420
michl420

GrizzleBoy wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:42
The Stewards are the ones responsible for Lando missing out on a win in my opinion.

The very first time Max cut from one side of the track to the other deep in the braking g zone, it should have been an immediate black and white flag as its both dangerous and destroys the ability for racing to occur.

But instead, he is repeatedly allowed to get away with it until it inevitably causes a race ending incident.

We are supposed to be beyond the stage where the FIA are going g to be asked to bring in new rules just to make one driver follow safe racing standards.

He's supposed to be past this crap by now, and the Stewards are supposed to be past treating him with kid gloves.
Very true words.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

DDopey wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:46
I do find it funny that these tactics get attributed to Max, when we have seen them being executed by almost any driver with the exception of some.
The FIA literally drafted new rules for not moving in the braking zone because of Max Verstappen.

Before he entered F1 it was an unwritten rule that most everybdriver understood.

The reason the rule exists now, is literally to avoid the kinds of incidents that happened today where Lando almost ended up in Maxs diffuser the first time he tried to overtake due to Max cutting almost the entire width of the track in the braking zone , or the last one where Lando ultimately picked a place to brake, but had to contend with Max turning I to him deep in the braking zone which he would t even be able to avoid properly as he's hard on the brakes..

This move is attributed to Max, because it's his signature move.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

And why the f enforce track limits when you have a gravel trap denying you to go wide, specifically to solve this very problem? Another completely braindead F1 type of officiating that makes you want to…
Remove the effing kerb completely next year and put gravel next to the white line then so we don’t see this crap ever again.
Insane that this crap cost Piastri the win in the end, after they took his Q time away.
Last edited by Tvetovnato on 30 Jun 2024, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

falonso81

No one pointed out that Max kept the lead by going off the lap before. I guess that one went unpenalised?

chrisc90

Watto
Watto

GrizzleBoy wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:42
The Stewards are the ones responsible for Lando missing out on a win in my opinion.

The very first time Max cut from one side of the track to the other deep in the braking g zone, it should have been an immediate black and white flag as its both dangerous and destroys the ability for racing to occur.

But instead, he is repeatedly allowed to get away with it until it inevitably causes a race ending incident.

We are supposed to be beyond the stage where the FIA are going g to be asked to bring in new rules just to make one driver follow safe racing standards.

He's supposed to be past this crap by now, and the Stewards are supposed to be past treating him with kid gloves.
I think the stewards handled the whole thing poorly tbh. A few clear track limit violations by Lando after the blue flag don't think thats 'hand the pace back all good'. Max moving under breaking right on the very very limits. They let it all stew penaltys came after things gew up.

CHT
CHT

Lando lost it to Max during the sprint and today he was put in the same position, very determined to make it stick. then came the track limit penalty putting more pressure for him to pass Max to built a 5 sec gap. So it's inevitable foe this to happen.

We are in for exciting Silverstone

DChemTech
DChemTech

falonso81 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:54
No one pointed out that Max kept the lead by going off the lap before. I guess that one went unpenalised?
He was pushed off with nowhere to go. Could argue Norris was ahead and had the right, but if so it was close. They decided to keep him on, could have been a 5s penalty - negating the one that Norris was also getting.

matt_b
matt_b

I don't get why Lando couldn't just focus on a good exit from turn 3 and nail him down to 4 before they even get to the breaking zone, Max will always push the absolute limit in the breaking zone into turn 3 as we kept on seeing lap after lap. Anyway its 1 less win for Max but 10 points gained on Lando.

Also how old were those used Mediums because he had no pace on them almost like they had done 2 flying laps in qualifying which is what I suspect they were. Maybe new Hards would been better choice looking at George's pace but I guess we will never know.

renault rs26
renault rs26

PapayaFan481 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:27
renault rs26 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:25
Spacepace wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:20
Piastri could win this!
Sadly VSC probably cost him victory.
Did they say why there was a VSC?
Debris probably, two tires destroyed on track.

Bill
Bill

lando was nowhere alongside Max when he had that tire puncture