2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jambuka
jambuka

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Still 13 more races to go. If they fix their bouncing problems in the next 2 races still have 11 more races to provide a competitive Ferrari that can win. We haven’t seen the full potential of these upgrades without the bouncing.

yooogurt

deadhead wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 16:54
There is a rumor about rear suspension fix that should stabilize the car in the high speed but it sounds like a hack job even if it’s true but let’s see.
FORZA FERRARI!

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

jambuka wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 18:00
Still 13 more races to go. If they fix their bouncing problems in the next 2 races still have 11 more races to provide a competitive Ferrari that can win. We haven’t seen the full potential of these upgrades without the bouncing.
Leclerc said that the load they gained is very apparent in the data, especially at low speed. It's just that the tenths you gain at low speed right now are lost with the bouncing at high speed.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

delete
Last edited by AR3-GP on 02 Jul 2024, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

jambuka
jambuka

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 18:11
jambuka wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 18:00
Leclerc said that the load they gained is very apparent in the data, especially at low speed. It's just that the tenths you gain at low speed right now are lost with the bouncing at high speed.
Right we haven’t seen the full potential of these upgrades and how much has the actually the gap reduced when there is no bouncing. We could very well be within a tenth without the loss due to bouncing. We just don’t know.

Vanja #66

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 16:16
Sure, but maybe something is just rubbing me the wrong way. The way Vasseur explains it makes it seem like a small issue easily fixed... if this is the case then I will be more than pleased but from what I can tell it seems they have no clue where to start to fix it.
Let's not overreact to every little thing, there's really no need. :) SF23 was in a far worse condition at this time last year and it finished 2nd in the race thanks to Leclerc's track position basically. Verstappen had 25s advantage and pitted to go for a fastest lap just because he could last year, this year Sainz was 18s behind when Verstappen and Norris came together.

In Suzuka Max had 21s advantage over Ferrari (Sainz) and 24s in China (Leclerc), even with these clear bouncing issues there is progress since 5-6 races ago. The current feeling of big slump comes from decent results in Miami, Imola and Monaco and a big step from Mercedes, coupled with some bad work in the garage and bad luck in 2 of the last 3 races.

They are pushing aero to the limit and they can likely find 2-3 tenths without bouncing and 1-2 tenths more with drivers' confidence if they find the right solution.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jambuka
jambuka

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 18:34
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Sure, but maybe something is just rubbing me the wrong way. The way Vasseur explains it makes it seem like a small issue easily fixed... if this is the case then I will be more than pleased but from what I can tell it seems they have no clue where to start to fix it.
Let's not overreact to every little thing, there's really no need. :) SF23 was in a far worse condition at this time last year and it finished 2nd in the race thanks to Leclerc's track position basically. Verstappen had 25s advantage and pitted to go for a fastest lap just because he could last year, this year Sainz was 18s behind when Verstappen and Norris came together.

In Suzuka Max had 21s advantage over Ferrari (Sainz) and 24s in China (Leclerc), even with these clear bouncing issues there is progress since 5-6 races ago. The current feeling of big slump comes from decent results in Miami, Imola and Monaco and a big step from Mercedes, coupled with some bad work in the garage and bad luck in 2 of the last 3 races.

They are pushing aero to the limit and they can likely find 2-3 tenths without bouncing and 1-2 tenths more with drivers' confidence if they find the right solution.
Anything over 2-3 tenths improvement if they fix bouncing seems too optimistic imo.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Let's see if they can fix it without losing DWF.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 18:34
SoulPancake13 wrote:

My worry is finding the right solution - but you are right. This season started with us a lot closer to Red Bull, and the high after Monaco maybe set up some nasty expectations that weren't totally fair. I just want to see them get closer to the top 2 teams in pace like in Imola :)

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

They will not fix their issues. At least not without compromise that leaves them behind the top 3.

Andres125sx

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 12:10
Andres125sx wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 08:35
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:59

I think since we're used to Leclerc outperforming Sainz we assume he could've done better, but the truth is Leclerc just didn't have it this weekend. Doesn't mean he's a bad driver, he outperformed Sainz 14-0 before this so obviously not
14-0? What substances are you using while watching F1? Those must be pretty strong :lol: :lol:

It is 5-4 for Charles, with just 15 points difference. And that´s with one more GP for Leclerc, as Carlos didn´t participate in Arabia due to appendicitis. 1 victory and 5 podiums for each driver too.

Charles and Carlos are the teammates performing more similar, at least from top teams :wink:
From China sprint race until Spain race, every competitive session was won by Charles.
...wich means 5-4 for Charles, no matter how you try to show it, it´s only 5-4 for Leclerc :roll:

Andres125sx

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 12:14
Andres125sx wrote:
14-0? <>
That's counting both qualifying sessions and sprint sessions, in addition to races.
Can you guys please stop posting FALSE information?

If they are 5-4 on long races, how in the hell can you say they are 14-0 overall? #-o

You guys are too biased, we all are biased, but trying to cheat F1T members posting false information is completely beyond the line... :sick:

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 08:11
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 12:14
Andres125sx wrote:
14-0? <>
That's counting both qualifying sessions and sprint sessions, in addition to races.

If they are 5-4 on long races, how in the hell can you say they are 14-0 overall? #-o

You guys are too biased, we all are biased, but trying to cheat F1T members posting false information is completely beyond the line... :sick:
Andres - rebut the data. Argue the points (if you have to) but it's not cheating or hyperbole about bias.

The response, were I bothered to even argue the toss about these points

"Carlos was faster in xx sessions in xx GP's - therefore the data you provided is not correct."

End of the issue.

move on...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

ScuderiaLeo

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 08:11

I said a 14-0 streak before this, as in the 14 competitive sessions directly before this weekend.

Barcelona - Qualifying/Race (2)
Montreal - Qualifying (Race not counted due to double DNF) (1)
Monaco - Qualifying/Race (2)
Imola - Qualifying/Race (2)
Miami - SQ/Sprint/Qualifying/Race (4)
China - Sprint/Qualifying/Race (3)

That is a total of 14.

You are talking about their season total, which is something entirely different as Leclerc was underperforming at the beginning of the year. I believe their season total for competitive sessions is 15-10 (Austria [4], Shanghai SQ [1], Suzuka [2], Melbourne [2], and Bahrain GP [1] for Sainz), disregarding Jeddah because of Sainz being absent. Feel free to double check that, I might've missed something.

Also, I was using that fact to defend Sainz this weekend and point out how he performed much better than Leclerc lol.

Space-heat
Space-heat

https://formu1a.uno/it/bouncing-ferrari ... lverstone/

Main points:
  • Performance window shink, set-up now has compromises, imola upgrades were good
  • no fix in Silverstone, no upgrade (they don't explicitly say this, so the last 20% of the Barcelona part might be with held, there goes my flexing FW hope)
  • Engineers think bouncing exacerbated by "bumpy" Spain and Austria tracks, Silverstone better (doubt)
  • Need for more understanding
Although painful, this triple header before the break might be the best timing for Ferrari if they are going to find a fix. Have to hope it can be remedied by Hungary.